Laundry reno

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Nervous, 23rd Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nervous

Nervous Well-Known Member

Hello lovely people,

We are thinking of replacing the current laundry. It is a very very old one. Was wondering what is the ballpark cost to do it. The current laundry is in the garage and likely to remain there.

Also, anyone knows a good quality reasonably priced people who can do it in Brisbane Northside?

Thank you

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

This is a 'how long is a piece of string' question. Will the plumbing remain in the same position? Do you want wiz bang cabinets, or no cabinets at all? Or something in between? Do you want shelving? Nobody can help unless you give more information as to what you want, and maybe a diagram as well.

3. ParraEels

ParraEels Well-Known Member

I did mine for under $6,000. minimum trade engaged (plumber & electrician only).

Added extra toilet & sewer connection -$ 1000
    Electrical ( 4 down lights & ceiling heat light) - $ 800
    Tiling (wall and floor) - $ 1500
    Shower/base tray/waterproofing - $ 1000
    Laundry cabinet (flatpack) - $ 1500

4. Nervous

Nervous Well-Known Member

Thank you all. I think we want to replace the Laundry cabinet and laundry sink, so some replumbing will be required. Not sure there will be any waterproofing, since the thing is in a garage.

Who do we engage for laundry quote then? Same people who renovate bathrooms? They seem pricey :(

5. Shazz@

Shazz@ Well-Known Member

Try a cabinet maker/joinery. Same people that do kitchens.
    My laundry cost ~ $2k to do. Included some cabinetry, a bench, washtub and taps. Plumbing and tiling extra.

Last edited: 24th Aug, 2021