Landscape Tanks: concrete sleepers that are also rainwater tanks

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by Socrates, 11th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Socrates

Socrates Member

Just thought that some members might appreciate some feedback regarding Landscape Tanks.

As mentioned in other posts, I'm currently in the process of sourcing quotes for retaining walls. Another member posted information about Landscape Tanks and late last night I sent them an email explaining my project and asking for further details.

Very impressed with the quick response. This afternoon received a call from David, who handles Brisbane. And subsequently he's already emailed me all the information I'll need for the contractor if I decide to go down this track.

As expected, more expensive than concrete sleepers, but much easier to install. The quality appears to be superior and of course there's the added benefit of the water collection.

If anyone wants more details this is the link to their website.

Retaining Wall - Water Tanks.

I've also attached some of the documents David sent through to me.

Kez.

Attached Files:

Perthguy and Scott No Mates like this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I have seen these or similar in use on a site. Makes perfect sense when you can design something which has two functions and doesn't impact on the floorspace.

Socrates likes this.
  3. Socrates

Socrates Member

Another good point that, floorspace. I was looking at another property and one of the drawbacks - aside from the size of the land and the crazy asking price - was two giant rainwater tanks.

The space they were taking up was about the same as a standard carport. To be able to do what I'm planning for the house I'd have had to move them, and finding another location for them would have been very difficult.

4. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Very interesting. I think it's a great idea.

5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Hope they are better than other reo concrete fence and retaining panel products. They are renown for swelling and splitting. 15 years ago our council changed loads of fencing near reserves to different types of reo concrete fence posts and rails and earthworks support in place of hardwood. All are broken, sagging, split and being replaced. Like concrete cancer has killed them all - every single type too. Too thin for the reo which then allows water into steel. Cant be fixed as cant be replaced.

Ever seen a farm water tank made of conc that doesnt leak ?
    All farmers use poly now for that reason

6. turk

turk Well-Known Member

Agree, longevity could very much be an issue, also how much water do they need to hold to meet specs. dry periods could be a major issue.