QLD Landload Breach for Kids throwing water balloons

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Mobeen, 25th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Yes I do think it’s fair - because he is a neighbour.

And because, even though it was 10.50pm on a Friday, (according to one of your other posts) clearly some people in your household were awake enough to throw balloons.

And because there were several balloons not just ‘a couple’ according to one of your earlier posts. And because it was your son who started this whole thing!

What if someone had been hit by one of the water balloons at 10.30pm? Would that have been fair?

Anthony416 likes this.
  2. Mobeen

Mobeen Well-Known Member

Yes I can understand if someone has hit they were throwing in the trees and on top of the roof but fair enough comment, Yes I wouldn’t want to get hit at 10:30 pm with a cup of water

3. Mobeen

Mobeen Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I didn’t really understand and my child was wrong 100% it wasn’t malicious or meaning to harm anyone, And my kids were naughty for doing it but yet again forgetting they are kids and please tell me anyone out there that they have perfect kids please tell me

4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

You asked if was fair for the landlord to knock on your door and my view is that it was completely fair because he is also a resident neighbour - and because his resident daughter also observed the behaviour.

That makes it different than usual IMHO.

It’ll be interesting if you get a response from the neighbours whose property was targeted by your kids. They may not have noticed, or they could have been quite frightened by strange sounds on the roof...

5. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

It hits a window....

6. Mobeen

Mobeen Well-Known Member

I don’t think they notice because when I had a look in the morning the only hit there shed in the back, I could tell by the colour of broken balloons I counted three

7. Trainee

Ya do think a pack of balloons would be in all different colours huh.

Unless there were only 3 balloons in the house, who stops at 3?

8. Mobeen

Mobeen Well-Known Member

Because the whole bag is sitting in there room and then a little tiny ones that you fill up Anyway 2 green and one pink. Anyway thank you fair comment absolutely

9. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Are they like Pringles (you can't stop at just one)?

TMNT likes this.
  10. Mobeen

Mobeen Well-Known Member

Yes it’s the ones you can’t stop throwing But I hate filling the balloons up and the ones you can never tire up

11. Trainee

Or maybe i wasnt the angel the ops kids are.

12. Mobeen

Mobeen Well-Known Member

Definitely fair comment from everyone, So in summary just my kids were naughty to throw water balloons, And yes it could’ve been worse hit a window or a person, I think the only thing I’m worried about is where will it stop it if I don’t say something could be something ridiculously small thing that I do next time by mistake, I guess it was just a lack of respect because he could’ve done it in the morning but obviously his lack of respect for other people‘s time and awareness, So my kids have put their hands up and said yes they did it and they’re sorry they sat down and wrote apology letters and even gave it to the neighbours next door thou they probably don’t even know what that’s for, At the end of it if my kids take away that every action has a consequence And also if my kids learn to say sorry when it is due and stand up for yourself using your brains Then I guess it was a positive experience after all

Perp and wylie like this.
  13. Owlet

Owlet Well-Known Member

You stated your son is 16 - young adult not a kid. That is old enough to know better. I’m sure the owner wouldn’t be having a fit over 3 water balloons.
    Is the landlord supposed to follow processes - yes.
    As a parent should you be raising your kids not to vandalise other peoples property (that is what throwing objects at another persons roof is)? - yes.
    Did you see the case overseas where a man threw a champagne bottle over his balcony and it struck and killed someone or the kids that throw rocks off overpasses and his driver windscreens. It’s all harmless until it’s not.

AxeLy and SeafordSunshine like this.
  14. bunkai

bunkai Well-Known Member

You're right. The OP is a bad parent and these kids are going to definately escalate from balloons to champagne bottles... Naturally....

Storm in a teacup. The kids weren't being malicious and physics experiments should be encouraged.

Propagate likes this.
  15. Melbourne_guy

Melbourne_guy Well-Known Member

The landlord was completely out of order. If the matter was so urgent couldn't be left until next day, what is wrong with knocking the door at 11pm and simply having a quiet word? Instead, he decided to enter someones premises and shout at a minor whilst waving an 'official badge'. This is intimidation and unacceptable. Yes, the boys were in the wrong but acting the deranged landlord role late at night particularly when the short-lived and non-ongoing event was more foolish than malicious or dangerous, really? The landlord is an ass.

Why is it intimidation? If it was someone with a less passive/more aggressive nature or a huge physical presence, I doubt there would be any issues spoken about or certainly, dealt with differently. He's bullying and exerting a perceived 'power'.

That is now two similar occurrences of the landlord behaving irrationally hence time for the OP to consider their longer-term future and take steps (others have suggested) to protect their own interests.

Perp, Antoni0, skater and 1 other person like this.
  16. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

The OPs longer post from early this morning details what happened (from his/her side anyway) - and there was no shouting at a minor.

A loud voice to the OP is not the end of the world.

And not surprising given the circumstances - and the 16/17 year olds lying about it (and basically contradicting the landlord/Neighbour’s daughter.

I wonder how old the landlords daughter is and how she feels?

Instead of trying to gee up the OP, it would be better to suggest calmness.

It’s a storm in a teacup. There has been no breach.

Apologies have been delivered. Just let it blow over. On both sides.

Last edited: 25th Apr, 2020
    Perp likes this.
  17. Melbourne_guy

Melbourne_guy Well-Known Member

Any landlord entering the tenants property and brandishing an 'official badge' to a 16yo minor at 11pm is a pr*ck and bully. It's intimidation.

The landlords daughter, no idea how she would feel but maybe she wasn't feeling great or proud of her fathers behaviour. Maybe you could ask her and report back? :D:D:D

Perp likes this.
  18. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

I'm surprised by the people suggesting the landlord was in the right with his actions.

Perp and wylie like this.
  19. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Video Taping minor children might be an offence.
    The law ID card might be a solicitor card. You should report him to the Law Society.

20. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I'd say it was the fact it was 10.30pm that peeved him (more) and potentially he's just posturing to ensure you don't do it again.