Land Use 1: Townhouse

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by raj_27, 5th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. raj_27

raj_27 Well-Known Member

I am looking at a house for sale . This is separate house with 660 m2 land. The land Use is mentioned as Townhouse. What does this mean I am confused.

• Land Use 1: Townhouse
    • Zoning: General Residential Zone - Schedule 1

2. Skilled_Migrant

Skilled_Migrant Well-Known Member

• Key in the address here Interactive Map - Land Channel
    • Choose Get reports in Left hand menu
    • Choose Basic property report.
    • Click the hyperlink to General Residential Zone - Schedule 1 which should take you to the Schedule details in the Councils Planning Scheme for a clearer interpretation.
    Alternatively you can download the councils Planning Scheme and look at the applicable Land use and schedule based on the address yourself.

Anthony Brew and raj_27 like this.
  3. raj_27

raj_27 Well-Known Member

thanks @Skilled_Migrant. I checked land.vic.gov.au it has some overlay some easemnt.

What i was confused about was the Land Use 1: Townhouse. I am seeing this in RP data.

4. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

all this information should be in the s32 of the contract of sale. check of any subdivisions and let a solicitor review it.

raj_27 likes this.
  5. raj_27

raj_27 Well-Known Member

Thanks @melbournian . I am trying to guess the price for that property. If Land use1:Townhouse is right, what does that mean?

6. melbournian

it could be a typo or maybe it was super big land 1200sqm that got subdivided - but your solicitor should be able to review the s32 and answer those questions. You could also ask the agent (email) to confirm your doubts.

7. raj_27

raj_27 Well-Known Member

8. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

How do you see easements on that site?

9. melbournian

@Anthony Brew

it is all in the s32 of the vendor statement see below - all investors or ip should be able to read this. if the easement is too into the block it takes more space as you need to be X meters away from the easement or you could request to build over it but it then only takes time and is costly. Also look at the Sewer locations a there are distances that needs to be maintained from it.

upload_2017-7-7_11-46-21.png

if you look at this example below number 56-58 were sold as a double block. Whoever bought it is going to have a hard time trying to negotiate with the water authorities as you could not build a multi storey over it and also the overshadowing means you can't go too far other sides. It limits the ability of the advantages of a double block. The easement goes unfortunately on 58 if it was 58-60 that was sold it would be better. than 56-58. To relocate it is like 100K+ job and would require consent from the other blocks being affected by it. either way it's just messy. LOL - Some commie bought this who prob did not notice this @Kangabanga

upload_2017-7-7_11-49-54.png

Anthony Brew likes this.
  10. raj_27

raj_27 Well-Known Member

I saw it in the RP data

Anthony Brew likes this.
  11. Anthony Brew

Anthony Brew Well-Known Member

Thanks for that.
    Can I see a s32 for any property online somewhere?

12. melbournian

You can call the water companies south east water, Yarra valley water, city west water

I normally do that to confirm the exact locations and if the easement is actively used or what type pipes is it concrete etc. or request dial before u dig information

Anthony Brew likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia