NSW Lalor Park

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Gary, 20th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gary

Gary Member

Hi, I would be very interested to hear your view on Lalor Park. I've just settled a property for my SMSF last month (before discovering this great forum!). It is a 3 bedder house and I paid $550k for it.

Its quite a bit cheaper than its surrounding suburbs like Blacktown and Seven Hills, probably because of the lack of a train station.

I'm hoping I made the right decision.

Thanks, Gary.

2. standtall

standtall Well-Known Member

If there's good block of land underneath the house, you have made a good decision.

3. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

Labor park has experienced lots of growth in the past 3 years. I remember when I was looking in Blacktown in 2011, it was cheap, like $350k will get you a 3 Vedder, 500m2 land. With your purchase with the price tag of $550k, I think you has done well.

4. resident10

resident10 New Member

Lalor Park is a mainly good area. There are pockets of troublesome parts though. Prior to my current environment I would have agreed it is a good investment/area but I have had ice users move in my street.
    Since they have moved on in what is regular is regular police visits due to physical/verbal arguments which the whole street can hear. It is just terrible and there seems no hope they will leave.
    What was previously a safe street and family friendly is no longer the case. The street is on edge and wait eagerly for them to leave the area.
    They have ruined an otherwise quiet, hardworking,family friendly street. I am looking to move out unfortunately due to the ice users.

5. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

@resident10 are you renting or is this your house?

6. resident10

resident10 New Member

This is our house.

7. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

8. inspiredbyprop

inspiredbyprop Well-Known Member

@resident10 I feel for you.

I did experience this issue when I was living in an apartment unit. The bloke was renting next door to us. I have never seen him using the drugs but I can see from the appearance, nice cars, also friends/girls coming in and out.

Luckily, all the residents work together with our strata manager who then contacting the lease agent. It was not an easy process, it took time and some damage to the unit and building. But we all managed to get rid of the one bad tenant!

Lesson is that you need corporation from other residents and also making police call as evident. Hope it helps and need to be persistent!

Someone told me that you can choose you friend but you can't choose your neighbour. But if they're renting, definitely there is a way to evict them but requires time and persistency.

9. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I
    Ice users aren't NORMALLY owner occupiers. Don't give up yet.

Just galvanise the street and bombard the real estate agent with complaints - the landlord upon hearing this may decide he/she doesn't want ice addicts/dealers in his/her house. I know I wouldn't - their income stream may be erratic.

10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

It won't do you a lot of good if it's a Housing Department property, which a lot of them still are.

11. resident10

resident10 New Member

Thanks everyone.
    Unfortunately the ice users were invited by the owner of the house to stay for a short period of time but this has turned into nearly a year! The owner of the house is too scared of the ice users and can't /won't stand up to them. He recently tried to get rid of them but there was physical/ verbal violence.
    It is beyond ridiculous.

12. Rajiv Srivastava

Rajiv Srivastava Active Member

How is the Northcott Road in Lalor Park for investment?
    Its near shopping, school and bus to seven hill station

13. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

I was just scouting the area today.

9 Funda Street Lalor Park sold at Auction last week for $410K

142 Northcott Road - Double Story House selling for $540K

Most houses are between $550 - 650K and represent good value in my eyes. Picking the right street is very important as there are still fair few housing commission houses aroud.

14. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Does @datto still cut the grass in this part of the world?

I heard there were a few biggish blocks.

15. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I think Funda Crescent and Kabarli Rd used to be Ground Zero as far as Housing Commish residents. Not sure if that's still the case.

16. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I did work experience here. Found the area too upper class.