NSW Lake Macquarie

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Zeehan, 18th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Zeehan

Zeehan Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how suburbs down the lake performed over the last 12 months? Speers Point, Warners Bay, Eleebana, Croudace Bay, Valentine. I don’t know where to find the data.

2. PJ1

PJ1 Well-Known Member

I’d guess pretty well. Doesn’t look like there’s a lot of stock on the market atm.

3 weeks before Christmas a friend in Eleebana asked if I could attend his open house to see how things were going.
    He told me the agent said he had an enquiry from a couple from Sydney who were keen to drive up for the open.
    This couple were leaving as we arrived and I heard them say to the agent they were tired of looking in Sydney and being trumped by offers well above above the million asking price. S9me cases 4 to 500k above.
    They ended up buying the house above the asking price.

Following this thread as Im trying to get my wife to sell...

Zeehan likes this.
  3. Bluechips

Bluechips Well-Known Member

I’m also curious to know the rental demand down there. Is majority the retirees? Any experts? @tomlemke? Thanks guys.

4. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Hi @Zeehan, attached is the last 12months of data, well above the average across Newcastle of 10% growth.

@Bluechips
    The vacancy rate is well below 1% so I wouldn’t have any concerns about finding tenants.

8D2EB32D-FECE-48BF-98B9-9DAF858AC3D8.png 9B0B06CA-0B52-43D8-A7CF-528DB3795EBF.png 25D394CD-414D-4065-AD35-6242EBAAC1B1.png

Seemah and Zeehan like this.
  5. Zeehan

Zeehan Well-Known Member

6. Bill_epping

Bill_epping Member

Hi Tom, could please run the data for windale-2306. I will appreciate. Thanks

7. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

upload_2021-4-27_21-29-18.jpg

8. Bill_epping

Bill_epping Member

Thanks a lot. I really like this data as it reflects the current ground reality.

9. Seemah

Seemah New Member

No expert but did live in Warners Bay for a few years until recently, initially renting then purchased PPOR there. In our short time there have seen change of demographic from retirees and older owner occupiers to younger families buying into the area. About to rent out what was our PPOR and by all accounts it will go very quickly.