NSW Lake Macquarie area

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by balwoges, 2nd Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Yes I saw the new development at Teralba, many blocks for sale very close to the sound barrier wall for the railway. My fear this could be a Lego land development.
    I do agree that Woodrising could be too late and neighbouring Bolton Point looks tired and run down in some streets.
    So maybe give this area a miss and perhaps research other areas.

2. krispy

krispy Well-Known Member

I have driven around Teralba. It looks very legoland to me and they are not cheap small houses either. It is going to bring in a lot of families to the area.

I wonder if Marmong Point or Booragul might be a better option ? Closer to the train station there too. I dont know much about this area though.

Serveman likes this.
  3. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Would be a better option but you'd pay for it. Blackalls or Toronto probably a similar option closer to amenities.

Serveman and krispy like this.
  4. wilso8948

5. wilso8948

My PPOR turned IP in Toronto valuation came back at $650k. New build valued at $475k in late 2014. Have learnt a lot in this time so am happy with the results. Some big waterfront developments being approved in the area. Anyone seeing any good results?

Vlad. and krispy like this.
  6. wilso8948

inertia likes this.
  7. PJ1

PJ1 Well-Known Member

wilso8948 likes this.
  8. Niche

Niche Well-Known Member

What are people's thoughts/excitement level for Costco now that it actually seems to be official. Not so much from an investment perspective but from a personal perspective. Will you use it if you are a Lake Mac local?

9. Zeehan

Zeehan Well-Known Member

You prompted me to read up about Costco as I didn’t know much about it. You can’t see the prices of anything on their website unless you sign up. I gather you can’t shop at the store unless you are a member ($60 per year). We are a small household so don’t need to buy bulk. We probably won’t bother with it, although I can understand the younger gen getting excited about it.

10. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

I'm curious, but similar to @Zeehan, not sure our household would benefit. Maybe if there was something significant available, and we got some family members to split it...? Is that how people use Costco where it is running at the moment, or do people just buy the bulk stuff and store it?

Cheers,
    Inertia

Zeehan likes this.
  11. Niche

Niche Well-Known Member

Yeah I think a membership is for two people so you could go in with a friend.

When I went on their website I could see prices and am not a member with this site
    Costco

I personally want someone I know to get a membership so that I can go in with them and determine if it is worth it.

Zeehan likes this.
  12. jenno1612

jenno1612 Active Member

you can get a visitor pass and go have a look, just cant purchase anything without a full membership

Zeehan and Niche like this.
  13. krispy

krispy Well-Known Member

We live near one here in Sydney. Its not all bulk. They have a bakery , fruit and veg area fridge and freezer section that sells normal size amounts of goods like a supermarket. It is great for parties and catering and they have lots of specials that rotate a bit like Aldi and then there is the bulk which i found pretty comparable to the supermarkets when on special. I used our membership twice and never renewed but some families i know love it.

Zeehan likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia