VIC Kurunjang - cheapest suburb of Melbourne

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mady, 9th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mady

Mady Well-Known Member

Kurunjang - I think this is the cheapest suburb of Melbourne. Everything around it is more expensive except this suburb, lot of demand from investors right now. One of the agents said someone from Sydney trying to buy 20 investments there.

Do you think this suburb will go up in price soon, 400-450K for a smallish standalone house. Sounds pretty cheap for a Melbourne suburb, even Geelong and Ballarat are more expensive. Rental return seem pretty decent as well, what are your thoughts?

Aeolianplayer likes this.
  2. Traveller99

Traveller99 Well-Known Member

Check Google Maps. Endless available land.

3. applesathome

applesathome Well-Known Member

Drove past these areas on the way to Bendigo a few weeks ago. There's just a heap of space to be built and yes in 20 years it might be okay, but for a long time it's just a small pocket of houses surrounded by nothing or surrounded by construction. Lots of supply will be coming on, it's almost limitless how much they can build out in that particular pocket. You drive down the motorway there and it's littered in house and land package offerings for new development estates.

It's not even necessarily close to the CBD. It's still about 40-45km from CBD which in peak hour is going to be a pain getting in or out.

4. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Has a few positives, New hospital, electrification of the train line, Good established oo suburb, just keep away from the newer surrounding suburbs that will be impacted by supply as others have said.

5. Owlet

Owlet Well-Known Member

Electrification of the train lol - don't hold your breath.

6. sauber

sauber Well-Known Member

Endless available land isn't a good thing.. the other way though is....

Estates don't really make you money from my experience I'd be wondering what the soil conditions are like out there....

7. Aeolianplayer

Aeolianplayer New Member

I am looking at melton as my first investment too. The blocks are big. No where has 600m2 blocks anymore. Lots of land out there but when they subdivide the make tiny blocks you may as well be in a town house. Melton is older, big blocks and already has services. You can get 3bed 2 bath 2 living zones on 600m2+ for under $450000. Most regional areas aren't that cheap!

Cousinit likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

this is a problem

9. antonio_silos

antonio_silos Member

Just bought my first IP in melton west this feb. nearly 450k incl stamp duty. 3beds 1 bath 1 study 2 garage and carport walking distance to woodgrove sc.
    rented out $350/w. Lucky i jumped in the market on time. Average price on my street now around 480-520.
    My point of view. Plenty of space between melbourne and melton is the weakness but also opportunity as if gov want to build up and invest something within metro melbourne. Then these land and some in far north are only last available.

10. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Plenty south east too, past Pakenham along SE growth corridor.

Rambo likes this.
  11. Monty2356

Monty2356 Member

Hi Everyone,

The last post was in 2021 on this topic, so it's been 2 years. and I am planning to invest in a house in Kurunajang. Is it still good to buy? What's the CG potential.

Any advice will be helpful. I am a first time property buyer, planning to enter real estate market.

Thanks,

12. Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Well-Known Member

Couldnt see any available land on google maps. Just because you can see land it doesnt mean it is available. Only saw 3 decent size blocks on REA.COM. Even if land does get rezoned for development it probably wont with the 62% windfall tax , it is more value holding it, using it for security to borrow funds , or land will have to sell at ridiculously high prices to encourage anybody to sell.

Monty2356 likes this.
  13. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Once rezoned the costs of holding the land become exorbitant though, the rates are based on the zoned (potential) use and unless the land is somehow earning you enough to cover this it will cost an enormous amount to continue holding

craigc and Dave3214 like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia