Konichiwa from Japan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Patosan, 14th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Patosan

Patosan New Member

G'day guys, I'm an old Somersoft member, joined there in 2002 and been inactive for quite a while.

I remember the early days ... I'd be on the site every day, hungry for info and advice, which I got in abundance. My accountant, back then Dale, came from the forum as did the broker I used for a refinance 3 years ago. I've already noticed a few familiar names here, so I expect PropertyChat to be aspiring to the same level of exelence.

I live in Japan in a small city south of Osaka, I teach English and farm ... just finished the rice harvest today in fact. The extent of my prperty experince is buying a property and developing my PPOR, what made these a bit different was that I did both from Japan, by remote. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever get another project up and running. Perhaps I'll become inspired again.

Can't promise that I'll be popping in all that often, but I'll do my best.

EN710 and Simon Hampel like this.
  2. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Patosan
    Welcome.
    Would love to hear more about how you landed yourself rice farming in Japan (married Japanese national?).
    I would love to live in Japan sometime and semi-regularly find myself looking at different areas in Japan.
    We havent spent much time there, but will be back again in January for a ski holiday in the North.

So please, tell me more about yourself and your journey.
    Also - how do you manage your Australian affairs by remote control - its something I battle with and dont do it as well as what I could.

Blacky

3. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Well-Known Member

I just came back from 4 weeks visiting my wife's many friends and staying with her parents near Toyama. We were about two weeks too early for their harvest, but seeing how hot it was I'm not so disappointed.

Would just love to live there too, beautiful country with beautiful people. You are quite lucky.

EN710 likes this.
  4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

@Patosan

Welcome (back) - good to see you "migrate" over to PC :)

The Y-man