Know of a good Buyers Agent for development sites in Brisbane?

Discussion in 'Development' started by Beachsnow, 12th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Beachsnow

Beachsnow Well-Known Member

Hey guys, anyone know of a recommended buyers agent for development sites in Brissy?

Have found Investigate Property, had a chat with them and they seem OK.

LeonW likes this.
  2. LeonW

LeonW Active Member

I've personally not had any success with buyers agents, as the margins on the deals they bring me seem a bit slim (especially after them comm). Although if I ever had real trouble finding deals then I'd give them more of a run.

My strategy when I'm looking for a site is:

contact every agent that has a similar development site. Ask them for similar properties, DA's, Survey docs etc. When they get back to you (probably only 70% or the time), reinforce that you are looking for deals that stack up.

Then ring/email them every week. Get 5-10 agents working for you and before to long you'll be the first one getting the phone calls before stuff goes public. This is pretty much what buyer's agents do anyway, just build relationships and move fast.

Good luck!

Beachsnow, Observer, Sackie and 4 others like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Another great source of finding good sites is regularly checking with your architect, town planner, engineers, builder friends for sites, contacts, deals that come their way. They usually will be able to also benefit from your deals if you engage them so its a win win and an added motivation for them to pass on good info onto you. I have gotten some great deals this way including my latest deal which was originally from my architect who put me in touch with this agent. Lo and behold I already knew this agent and had a great relationship with him. Deal done in less than 4 hours.

Last edited: 19th Sep, 2016
    Beachsnow, Observer and LeonW like this.
  4. LeonW

LeonW Active Member

I should add that I've met Justin (investigate property - assuming it is still him) a fair few years ago and he seemed to be a stand up guy. Actually has done a heap of deals him self and as part of the reno kings along with his dad so seems to actually understand development. (which a lot of agents and buyers agents don't...)

SRE, Beachsnow and Observer like this.