Kitchen flooring ideas

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Jonno Yeo, 19th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jonno Yeo

Jonno Yeo Well-Known Member

Hi all, we're about to renovate our kitchen.

1. Ikea Savedal in white cabinets
    2. RHF Ephesus stone benchtops and splashbacks

Need some suggestions on flooring ideas?

Currently we have pine timber in the whole house, and understand under the tiles it's likely going to be ruined with thousands of staples (per our bathroom was), so sanding back and polishing isn't an option.

So far we have thought of doing the flooring in engineered timber floor in a herringbone style, in a totally different type of wood?

Attached Files:

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We removed lino tiled flooring in a house my parents owned. There was a staple holding down the masonite under it, I reckon one staple every centimetre. It was ridiculous the number of staples they banged into that masonite. I've never seen so many, and it took us days to pry them all up.

Filled and sanded, you'd never know. You certainly cannot see any marks from the staples. They are so tiny and once filled, you'll forget the pain of removing the samples too. :D

3. Jonno Yeo

Jonno Yeo Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend someone in Melbourne to fill, sand, and polish?

I've sent out a few quotes, and no one will do just the tiled area - three have come back and said they will only do the whole house.......