Kitchen Brisbane 45cm and 60cm deep cabinets

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Gockie, 20th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't understand how it looks like a "Chinese" kitchen (I assume u are talking about its design here).

I've compared my mates $30k kitchen (kitchen connection) to several in my IPs (put in by the builder and from what I gather are made in AU), to one from a Chinese importer (good kitchen and bathroom), and all are stone benchtops with poly doors and visually from the outside the look very much alike. Inside wise the Chinese ones are just as good.

Only criticism is the installer who can't cut and join stone to save their own life. Big difference in that, but that was it.

That said, the Chinese kitchen was installed just under 2 years ago, how long do you think it will last until it starts to show signs of bad workmanship?

I only ask because I'm about to put in a Chinese one for my sisters ppor and if it's going to stuff up in less than 10 years I may change it to something better

2. Arms

Arms Active Member

like I said good and bad chinese kitchens .a point I will make is in china there are 2 types of cabinetry .1 domestic and 2 exported .the chinese wont use the exported products ,a lot to be said in that fact

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Apologies if i'm thick, but I'm finding your answers very vague.
    To me it reads "chinese cabinets for exports are crap" because the chinese won't even use it.

What's the actual reason its crap. Are there examples where they've cracked under normal use or if you look carefully in certain areas you can see bad workmanship etc? Why are chinese made kitchens crap?