QLD Kippa-Ring (Moreton Bay Region)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by bobbyj, 27th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

It's not bad, much better than Bondi.
    Too many tourists.

Whitecat likes this.
  2. hpresident

hpresident Well-Known Member

Hopefully the banks would pass on the rate cut ! if so I see good growth in the Moreton Bay Region, plenty of very affordable houses, couple with loads of infrastructure spending and low interest rate = Capital Gain

3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

You see good growth if the banks pass on a rate cut, particularly in Moreton Bay?

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree..it will spur Brissie the most....yes Sydney will move up ...but the risk when the rates go up will further magnified. Brisbane is coming off a much lower based where the median is almost half of Sydney.

The key is where Brissie locals are buying...

hpresident likes this.
  5. bobbyj

bobbyj Well-Known Member

Current sentiment: All boats rise with the tide

6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

It is about to become a kingtide in Brissie.....

7. Hasan

Hasan Member

Can I please get people's opinion on Scarborough as an investment? Thanks

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

I've got one there. I like its longer term prospects, but really the whole peninsular needs to change before it gets good - there's a lot of below market rents being paid by people who have lived there for years with locals as the property owners. So there's been little increase in rents and no work by the locals to improve with renos or developments (big developers are a different story). I'm hoping (!) that the rail line + water + land scarcity make the difference in the medium term.

TheRons likes this.
  9. Hasan

Hasan Member

Thanks for your feedback Mcarthur.

Can I ask how long ago you bough there?

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

Only a year or so ago. Don't get me wrong, I think the outlook there is very good, and you've got great choice from the bottom of the market (Kippa Ring) through to the top (Scarborough). But I don't expect 10% CG in the next month (or year)!

TheRons likes this.
  11. Hasan

Hasan Member

Thanks Mcarthur, really appreciate your feedback.

12. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

just have to wait for a storm surge or small tsunami, they are not on the flood maps BTW you data worms.....don't have to be Einstein to see the bay and islands are all one low lying piece of land. One day it will be consumed.

would not let that stop you from buying though, you can flood on top of a mountain as well.

13. dabbler

Wishful thinking......don't you think ?

Do you look at all the sob stories on affordability ? these people are not looking at the base of the market, and frankly, if money gets cheaper, I would say it will fuel the higher end, not the bottom end, even in Brissy.

You guys are dreaming that it will fuel these outer areas first and foremost, it *will* flow out, but people will use any extra to buy closer, you can all see how they think, many post here and clearly have stated this, I believe them, even though I like the outer areas to the North, you cannot ignore the likely reality.

14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

My insurance covers Tsunami...thought the excess is $2500.

If you worried about all the little things..you would never invest.

15. dabbler

Hey Sascha aka Nobby, yeah, I know what your saying, I meant to say those things probably not going to bother us too much, you cannot worry about these things too much and as you say, that is what insurance is for & spreading the risk.

But the rate cut is not going to rush to D bay, or Kippa & I do not think the train is what will make the area either, otherwise North Lakes would not have blown up until train is there, but do not confuse that with my thoughts that agree the area is good & future is bright.

16. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

If the islands went most of Brisbane would as well. Again. Actually, the islands were safer during the last Brisbane floods. What does Einstein reckon about that one?

17. dabbler

I dunno, but there are a lot of areas in NSW and I guess elsewhere that are only a few m above sea level and facing the Pacific or Coral, may not be as desirable for later generations :)

18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

So what happens when people decide in their head that the goobermint is going is going to be meddle with super?

What happens ...if the Libs get in again...followed by another 0.25% increase....do ya think some of that money will find its way into property...or the share market. I am of the opinion....that property in for a second wind even in Sydney....after that all bets are off.

Again....focusing on things which may not eventuate.....will not add to the bottom line. Horses for courses.

For the record have you bought anything in Brisbane yet?

19. dabbler

I like Brisbane, but if you look back you will see I said many times I did not think it will be any sort of huge boom.

Don't worry about what I have, you do not have to be in or out of a market to see what's happening or comment on it, do not even need to own a single property, but would be weird hobby in that situation I guess. I like a lot of the Moreton council area, just can't assume money is going to rush there, the rate cut may do opposite, I can see how that may work out with OO's.

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I think the more experienced people buying there will acknowledge that fact.

I am not saying the rate cut will have that affect yet. But give it time...if the election is won by the Coalition...and if there is another cut later this year. It will add fuel to the fire. Largely because money from super will find its way there...and Sydney and Melbourne would be fully priced by then.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia