QLD Keperra

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Samj, 28th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

Heard the same @Inov8ive .

Had a few agents I had through my property after I did a Reno call me to ask if I'm interested in selling. Paid $448k a year ago both said they'd get $520-$530k. The odd one still pops up that's good value and the median still seems reasonable when you look at similar suburbs 10km from the CBD. Hopefully more to come!

Whitecat and Inov8ive like this.
  2. dan2101

Whitecat likes this.
  3. Icarus

Icarus Well-Known Member

Yes, the fence around the Bunnings development went up in early December and there has been steady process with the development since then. The resi developers have been doing a lot of PR and I had a chat to them at The Gap markets just before Christmas. Bunnings will be completed towards the end of this year and the 700 dwellings will be rolling out at a similar time. Blocks will be small, but well priced. Will be interesting to see what effect this has on Keperra - we have an IP in the area so keeping fingers crossed.

4. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Ive driven past a few times but thanks for the details on this development.
    This is a positive thing and the integrated green space is a must (not always seen that way by some short term thinking developers). So this is a relatively healthy development in that regard. One that will still feel nice after the shine has worn off.
    Community centre is a positive. I see this as a positive for Keperra.

5. kitdoctor

kitdoctor Well-Known Member

We bought a large IP (4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, study, family room, DLUG, corner allotment, 615 sqm) in the '80s estate in 2007. I think we paid $440k. The market peaked in 2009 and then came the GFC, Newman government and natural disasters. At the end of 2015 after doing a garden makeover and some minor tidying up inside we thought it was worth about $600-$615k. Inside it's pretty original. Rents for $550/wk. Glad to see that Bunnings is happening.

6. Samj

Samj Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Back to the topic of Keppera almost after an year. Does anyone know the area closer to Groverly station? I have found this block of land a fair bit cheaper than the comparable ones in Mitchelton just couple of KMs away.

Just wondering if this is a good buy. Apparently there is a big demand for vacant lands and prices are going up pretty quickly.

Please let me know your feedback on this block of land if you are familiar with the area.

27 Pershing Street Keperra Qld 4054 - Residential Land for Sale #201962142 - realestate.com.au

Thank you,
    Sam

7. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with this block except that it looks a bit on the narrow side, lucky to be 11m id say. Its in a good location. Its not flood effected. It seems to be priced about right. You cant compare prices in Keperra to Mitchelton though, Mitchelton is a lot more expensive which is why many people are looking to Keperra.

8. Samj

Samj Well-Known Member

Thanks @Inov8ive !
    I have driven pass some of the vacant blocks in Mitchelton and for me, looks like this Keperra area is generally looking better than some of Mitchelton areas. Quite a few houses are newly built. BTW, how did you find out the frontage of this block? Is there a public web site that you check land sizes?

9. Icarus

Icarus Well-Known Member

Not a public site, but there are a couple of paid ones...
    Most of the other blocks around there have a 20m (ish) street frontage; that block has been split into 2.

Something comparable sold in Glenmorgan St Keperra a few months ago for around $350k from memory. This one is priced up there!

If you're lucky - and quick, you can still find ex housing commission places selling for around $500k. Better still, find one on a bigger block and split it yourself. :)

10. Tman88

Tman88 New Member

I hired a car and i was wondering around Keppera and Anna Hills ... I didn't see much energy ..compare to the east side of Brisbane ...such as Manly and Wynum. if you have bought properties in Brisbane a year ago ..they should have gone up 50-100k by now ..

11. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

Yes Keperra is coming along very nicely indeed. I just guestimated the frontage. Its a 400 m2 block, looks about 10 x 40 to me. Could possibly be 11m wide but no more.

12. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Bunnings opened on Thursday.. went for a gander today.

They need a bigger carpark already! was almost full at midday.

orangestreet likes this.
  13. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

Yeah I went today. Big win for the area. Car parking was busy but I put it down to being a busy opening.

14. dan2101

Have a look at the last 10 or so sold prices for freestanding houses in keperra. Moving along nicely and hopefully more to come.

15. orangestreet

orangestreet Well-Known Member

Should be walking distance from the newer part of Keperra (Kings Park?). People tell me it is a really nice and leafy.

16. dan2101

17. Jake Milne

Jake Milne Well-Known Member

Big thumbs up for Keperra, go for it!

orangestreet likes this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.