QLD Keperra n Mitchelton

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by adickt, 21st Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

I think still too many on the market at the moment. But in some of the areas in around Keperra, they get snapped up for a good price very quickly, as buyers realise they can't put in low offers.

Some of these areas the bottom of the market has moved 10% easily in the last 12 months.

$500k still isn't much with rates as they are for a dual income family. There are plenty of people in Brisbane living comfortably, with stable jobs.. Salaries a bit lower than Syd/Melb, but not 30% lower. QLD is a big place with people a lot more dispersed - I have a feeling the higher unemployment is mostly outside of Brisbane.

JDP1 likes this.
  2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

correct. For double income with stable jobs- no worries, generally.
    Salaries are about 10-15% lower than Sydney.
    The higher unemployment generally increases as you get further from the CBD.

Last edited: 25th Oct, 2015
  3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

not so much yet. Prices are not exploding so there isn't that fear. The feeling I get is that there is heightened alert levels that if ,FHB especially, wait too long , it too will get out of reach. Its more of a realisation than a fear. This is more so in the inner areas.

4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Well-Known Member

It sounds like the feeling of Sydney in 2007-2008, the dawn before the daylight.

5. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

But it's very different than Sydney. It's still a backwater country town where locals ride on horseback compared to Sydney.
    I'd say the sun has already come out, but is early morning. Will get hotter as the day progresses but not like Sydney hotness, and won't heat up as quickly as Sydney did either.
    I need to go feed my horse some hay in the stables... Gotta make sure my ride to work in the morning is well fed and ready to go...

Kangaroo likes this.
  6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

It's definitely worthwhile being aware of what houses have previously sold for.