NSW Kelso /Bathurst

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 7th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any exp with BATHURST, i see low priced units in KELSO which i take is a housing dept area.

2. Allgood

Allgood Well-Known Member

Hi, My understanding is that Kelso is pretty rough, although Im sure some on here have bought there at some stage. We bought one in Bathurst earlier in the year, I tried to stay close to the CBD. Hopefully it will do okay long term.

3. Hwangers

Hwangers Well-Known Member

went to an open in kelso recently which was 3x1x1 BV, property itself had no dramas - had a good discussion with the tenants of the property, shes lived in the area all her life and said that the area itself has changed substantially since a few years ago (apparently back then you could not walk the streets in daylight)

although the neighbours were sketchy to say the least - 5 or 6 bored looking teenagers drinking (11am in the morning!), couple of them told me to not buy here if i wanted to raise a family (im not) and 1 girl said she moved out 2 years ago and "couldnt get out fast enough"

been to a few others and the experiences have been on a similar level - not the ideal place to invest $$$ for the risk you take on imo,

pick your areas of kelso, there are nice pockets and there are aforementioned not so nice

mind you - going to glenroi really opened my eyes...