NSW Kellyville vs The Ponds

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by MicroMina, 21st Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

For a PPOR, would you buy in Kellyville for 1.35m or The Ponds for 1.2m?

1. Kellyville for 1.35m

61.9%
  2. The Ponds for 1.2m

38.1%
  1. dash

dash New Member

Hi, I am in the same boat. Did you make a choice? Ponds has some really good houses but is further away from the city. How do you like the community aspect? Is it multi cultural compared to Kellyville?

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The Ponds has transport issues. And parking issues with the transport since there are few optiosn to get to the Metro other than driving and there is only one major station and a massive carpark with walking involved (rain ?). Large areas of land are set aside for even more unit blocks. The Ponds is more "western" and multi cultural. And less choice of major retail excepting Marsden Park which is a like trying to park at the eastershow every weekend. The Ponds is Blacktown council. Its rates are notoroiusly expensive but the area was originally well landscaped and planned with generous streets, parks etc. That said, North Kellyville looks like it was designed by someone who wasnt paid much. Skinny roads with every resident parked on footpaths that have never been and never will be built. Looks like a wreckers yard. The supposed "main roads" in NK are like bushfire trails and there is zero maintenance let alone repairs and rebuild. Its a patchwork quilt of tiny developers sticky taping bad beside bad.. Hills Shire Council has collected billions in levies and spend FA. Even the main roads are unfinished after years. eg Withers, Samantha Riley. Ponds has a 50% migrant pop v kellyville 61%. kellyville has poor tarnsport expecting once you get to the Metro. Cars are a must in all areas

I live in Kellyville. I would live in the Ponds well before North Kellyville. The earth will get an enema in North Kellyville

3. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

4. MicroMina

MicroMina Member

I actually ended up buying in Rouse Hill -- the more established pockets with decent land size (>500). I quite like that I'm close to the town centre and the metro and it was cheaper than Kellyville.

5. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member