NSW Kellyville - Suburb pocket near bella vista

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by karthik.s, 14th May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. karthik.s

karthik.s Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    Can any one comment on the Kellyville pocket near Bella vista? The one I have highlighted in my attached image? Planning to get an house and land package in this pocket.

Questions ?

Is it worth to buy a House and land package for 1.05mil in that suburb ?
    Land area - 350m2 and Double storey house.
    it comes under Bella vista public school cathment.

Attached Files:

2. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

There will always be demand in that area for sure because not many spots with house and land packages left in Kellyville but I would be looking in more established parts of Kellyville because of better planning and facilities.

3. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

4. karthik.s

Thanks. Can you please let me know which parts of Kellyville is better ? Near windsor road ? or near kellyville village ?

5. karthik.s

6. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

A few of my friends stay there and their kids go to Kellyville Ridge and Beaumont Hill public. They have turned alright so far ;)

7. karthik.s

Haha.. I am not checking the schools according to me all primary should be fine. But tank matters for my wife, who decide the schools or with OC classes.

8. hash_investor

Blocks are bigger near windsor but area is generally older and relatively shabby compared to the rest of Kellyville / Castle hill. The further you go away in Kellyville towards castle hill or Beaumont hill the better it gets but blocks are smaller than older parts (still bigger than Bella vista side). The area towards Bella vista is newer. It is still quite expensive but because it is all new stock. Streets are not as leafy as deeper pockets of Kellyville and overall feel is not as posh either.

9. Twisties

Twisties Member

I just posted this reply in your other thread but thought I'd post it here too in case other people are wondering the same thing:

I think the location is great. Walking distance to both Kellyville and Bella Vista metro station. There is a brand new public primary school about 2km away that these properties are in the zone for (Bella Vista public school). Memorial Ave is about to be upgraded, there will be a new Woolworths built about 1km away near the soccer fields. There are new parks all around, with another public sports complex being built on Balmoral.

The Allam development built a few streets down have bigger houses on bigger blocks and they were selling for less money about a year ago, but the CBRE development is probably the best you'd be able to do at the moment. The only other development is the Bel Air homes that are the next street over, but they're overpriced given they're also a small block. They just have some 'luxury' inclusions.

CTScan likes this.
  10. There

There Well-Known Member

Good location for sure, and a great choice if are keen on a new build. I used go passing this area often (pre-covid) and the established area around here looks pretty good and expensive... Close to transport and good schools. That price is definitely less than what they had few months ago... imho, 350 sqm land should be able to give you a nice double-story and sufficiently large backyard.

I guess your other good option for that price range is an old houses near Kellyville village. More established, bigger land and leafy. Personally, I would prefer this area as I really know what I’m getting into. I guess It comes down to personal choice.

11. hash_investor

+1

12. fwmonger

fwmonger Active Member

I've been looking to buy in Kellyville for a while and I know people living in the suburb. I've researched a fair bit on the suburb and here are the pockets I find to be the best in Kellyville in descending order of my preference -

1. The pocket on either side of Green Rd between Cattai Creek and Smalls Creek. One side is Duncraig estate and the other side is another estate (can't remember the name). This pocket is next to Castle hill and a short bus ride to the Showgrounds station. The houses are also priced more due to the proximity to Castle Hill. It is also close to Kellyville Village Centre shops. Duncraig is particularly nicer because its greener and leafier and tucked away from the busy streets.

2. The pocket opposite Beaumont Hills between Samantha Riley Drive and Beaumont Hills. This is a nicer pocket too close to Kellyville metro station. But, its farther away from the shops and more closer to Rouse Hill and Stanhope Gardens.

3. The pocket around Memorial Ave and Fairway Dr. This pocket is full of brand new homes. Its also closer to Bella Vista and Norwest and so priced insanely high. If being brand new is important to you, this is a good pocket. It is not for me as leafiness is very important for my family. I doubt this pocket would ever be leafy as the blocks are very small except for a few larger ones.

4. Beaumont Hills. This is a nicer pocket too and as good as 1. in this list, if not better. Its ranked lower on my list because of the schools and distance to shops.

5. Kellyville Village. This pocket is very old and looks tired.

6. North Kellyville. This pocket looks similar to 3. on this list but without the advantages 3. has i.e., proximity to Bella Vista and Norwest. Its closer to nothing and has poor infrastrucure. again, if you want brand new at a cheaper price, this may be a go to pocket.

Gwynneth likes this.
  13. Gwynneth

Gwynneth Well-Known Member

I agree with this post. For specific areas not close to ‘good’ public schools, parents normally send their kids to private schools anyway. #1 in this list below would also be closer to William Clarke College.
    as per my experience, preCovid I would normally just drive to Bella Vista station as Kellyville station parking gets filled quite quickly. I guess it doesnt matter much these days. :) I still prefer Bella Vista over Kellyville metro because there are buses direct to the city and North Sydney at this point in time. In 2024, doesnt really matter because the Sydney metro will go direct to the city. It will take 45 mins from Kellyville to Townhall (Pitt St) by then. What I find as well is people buy 2 cars at least for mobility so in the end proximity to shops is not an issue. I guess it all comes down to preference and budget. ☺️

14. Gwynneth

If I have the budget I would have preferred this area pre-covid as it is very close to Bella Vista metro station but not as leafy as other more established suburbs. But then covid happened and people dont need to go to office as much... not sure what will happen post covid.

15. fwmonger

fwmonger Active Member

#1 on my list is closer to the Hills Showgrounds station than it is to Kellyville, Bella Vista or Norwest stations. Its easiest to drive to the Hills Showgrounds station from this pocket and so, when you board the metro train you're already 3 stations closer to the city as compared to folks from other parts of Kellyville who board at Kellyville station. Come 2024, people from this pocket only have to commute 37 minutes on the metro to reach the CBD. Even if they decide to take the bus to the station instead of the train (there are frequent buses from Green Rd. to Hills Showground station), the total commute should take less than 50 minutes.

Gwynneth likes this.
  16. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Many if the homes in that area were project mcmansions by Australand. They are 4 bed with small living areas and at the time of builds rumpus and larger spaces were not in vogue. Some were built later and are bigger but the lots were small. It was the start of the Hills Shire small lot devs. One concern with that whole estate from Wrights all the way down to the creek is it was constructed on former bushland and the old chicken farms (asbestos was buried under wrights road reserve which is why council put its fields there !!) . Loads of termite issues to be aware of. Leafy comes with termites.

The area south of green rd bounded by wrights and sam riley have larger lots and more recent homes v duncraig. Duncraig was where budget buyers bought.

King Road area through to the back of William CVlarke college etc is also a often ovelooked area with larger lots and homes and fast access out to Showground as all the schools are behind the traffic. Its also serviced by on-demand buses to metro.

chaos and Gwynneth like this.
  17. hash_investor

totally

18. Gwynneth

Ahh yes correct :)

19. Gwynneth

Interesting history!

Kings Road is the border of Castle Hill and Kellyville I suppose? :) That’s a very lovely pocket!

20. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

The part of Kellyville that is near to Bernie Mullane reserve is also very good.

Roads being Hayes, Maeve avenues.
    You are close to the shops, schools (William Clarke, Kellyville High and Sherwood primary).
    Not too far from the Showground road station.
    Hayes avenue has some very large houses, quite a pretty street.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.