Keeping motivated

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Xenia, 7th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tim & Chrissy

Tim & Chrissy Well-Known Member

My job and not wanting to be there for another 30 years always brings me back to investing in property.

I was always interested in property, I left school and started off as one of those dreaded door-to-door salesmen, one of the doors I knocked on was the owner of a real estate agency and he offered me a job. I took him up on it but unfortunately I was put into commercial leasing with his brother who was a divorced physiotherapist (something he reminded me of daily) who spent all his time looking for his next Audi and zero time chasing rental arrears. I moved on to another agency in residential sales, I started post-boom in a down period, received no training and wasn't allowed to list properties, my boss took any listings I generated.

I finished up a degree in marketing and made a big career change to my current job where I have been for 9 years. I enjoy the work however it mentally burns out a lot of people and while it pays fairly well it is incredibly competitive for promotion and there are no incentive based payments, nor will there ever be.

My last IP reno was a year ago and apart from getting a good financial result I enjoyed putting the work in on site and standing back at the end of each day looking at what I had achieved. Thinking about getting my sons (and daughters if they're keen) involved in the renovations and building the portfolio to the point where I can retire from my current job and invest/renovate full-time keeps me going. I'm moving at a snails pace but still moving :)

Xenia likes this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.