QLD Karalee For PPOR

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Whishy, 17th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Whishy

Whishy Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

What's everyone's thoughts on Karalee?

40km from Brisbane cbd, and seems to be booming.

Any pitfalls of this area?

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Do you mean the Karalee that is right on the Brisbane River? What is booming about it

Whitecat likes this.
  3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Where?

What reason would you have for living there?

Whitecat likes this.
  4. Whishy

Whishy Well-Known Member

Well it's 5mins to Ipswich cbd, 30mins to Brisbane cbd, and can get a brand new 7 bed 3 bath Dixon home on 2 acres for $600k.

All outside flood zone, new estates popping up within the suburb.

Viewed 3 houses on weekend and considering placing an offer on one.

Capital growth in past 3 years has been consistent and median up 10% this year alone.

Great demographics. Seems a sleeper to me

5. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

For 600k I think it would be unwise to buy out by Ipswich.
    Unless you really want 7 bedrooms etc. And cgs are not a priority.
    You are paying way too much for the improvements relative to the land and can't even deduct that depreciating component.
    For 600 i would buy near Chermside mail. One quarter the distance. Much nicer general area and actually in Brisbane and a solid growth prospect for a house. With you CGs add another bathroom later. Or even buy a 500k house in Geebung or Zillmere and add an extension. There are just so many better options for growth that are closer and near a train.
    North Lakes has huge houses that are modern and have multiple bathrooms. Again I feel that's paying a little bit too much for the house relative to the land but that would be a better hub then where you're suggesting there is a heck of a lot out there now it's a mini City and it still closer very popular at the moment due to ever increasing infrastructure.
    I am sure others would have plenty of suggestions for 600k that will do better than an area so far away as kuralee and susceptible to oversupply (loads of land out that way).

733 likes this.
  6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Land on top of a cliff at Karalee might not flood. It could get eroded away instead.
    30 minutes to Brisbane CBD at Midnight or by helicopter?

If you want lifestyle, why go so far west with all the bogans, freezing cold in winter and stifling hot in summer. You could get a lovely place closer to the sea for that money around here (Eatons Hill and Albany Creek). Not acreage for that price, but a lovely home and 15 minutes to the beach at Sandgate. I have no idea how much land a McMansion sits on for $600K at Burpengary and Narangba, (3000m ?). It would buy a mansion at North Lakes.

Why 7 bedrooms? Waste of capital and air-conditioning running costs in my mind. O and Dixon homes are $%^& (asaik)

Last edited by a moderator: 20th Jul, 2016
  7. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

So mean!

I don't know Karalee at all. But it's your PPOR - work out where you want to live !

8. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

PPOR or IP? I might have missed it but I'm not sure.
    IP no, too much money, too far away, too much available land and not enough competition. I doubt it would rent for an amount making that sort of investment worthwhile.

PPOR? Nice house with plenty of land, if the area suits and is close to work, schools and whatever is important to you, and it appeals go for it.

Whishy likes this.
  9. Whishy

Whishy Well-Known Member

Wow. I don't even know what to say to that...

Why so much anemosity?

And for the record, Kallangur property sold with a capital gain of $150k in a year and a half

Last edited by a moderator: 20th Jul, 2016
    Whitecat likes this.
  10. Whitecat

Why so critical Angel? Is good to provide an opinion but why hate on his property at kallangur?

11. Whishy

Whishy Well-Known Member

For those that don't want to instigate or cause confrontation, I have a medium sized family and want land.

Anyways, I think I'll leave this place if this is the response a bloke gets when asking opinion for a PPOR.

Appreciate the genuine responses. Yeah it is Ipswich, however suggest for those who don't know take a drive around the primary school, very upper class and executive estates popping up.

Anyways, I'm out.

12. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Geez, I didn't think I was "hating" on the place at Kallangur. Goes to show I must really have a disability after all if I cant say something that I'm under the impression other people get away with. Would you react the same way if one of the guys made the same comments?

Firstly I was backing up Whitecat's comments about Ipswich being not as desirable as the coast and for obvious reasons that people in general seem to be unaware of - THE CLIMATE. Was it Karalee and adjoining suburbs that had massive damage caused by the river a few years ago. Regarding your house at Kallangur, we know you bought a run-down house in what seems to be a bogan area and I for one would love to see what you have done with it. From what you said last year it will look fabulous, hence the word palace.

13. Whitecat

Angel I am not having a go at you but the way I read this thread I figured there must have been some kind of personal message or something because it looks critical of this guy. Have to be careful calling someones suburb bogan when they are just asking for advice. For those of us who don't live in Vaucluse all of our suburbs are bogan. Maybe it wasn't meant to be, but when you read through it it looks like you are really quite critical of this guy which to me seemed unusual.
    Now he feels attacked and wants to run away and that's not ok. If I remember correctly I was giving people some facts that 'the Switch' has less disadvantage than Logan however I think Logan is better placed geographically long term. Anywhere in South East Queensland is a good investment right now pretty much. And I'd like to just clarify for the record I would not say to someone don't invest in Ipswich I would say to someone who was considering Ipswich vs Logan long term I would go Logan and I am no real fan of Logan or the south side however I wouldn't attack someone's property personally. I think it's a little bit silly to buy a 7 bedroom house far far away.
    I just feel that looks a bit like this bloke was looking for some opinions and help and he got criticized and I hope he stays because no one should feel that they arent being assisted on this website yes there is sometimes spruiking here and yes people have their own agendas but generally speaking I would like to think that people try and help each other even if that means providing an opinion that they do so with good intent.

14. Whitecat

Hi wishy. I feel that you should stick around I'd like to hear from you and learn from you it's great that your investing and that you're putting it out there about what you're trying to do and getting people's opinions. don't take things personally remember everyone's got an opinion on the Internet have a listen to lots of different opinions and then make up your own mind. We would love to hear more about your journey and good on you for doing a reno and Kallangur it would be great to see some photos of the Reno did you hold on to the property in Kallangur I think that it's a good place to have an IP with the uni going in