QLD Kallangur 2016

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Charlotte79, 2nd Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al1979

Al1979 Well-Known Member

Hi Taku, I will do that. However after a few inspections in Kallangur yesterday I a leaning towards already renovated property. I am not seeing a big enough difference between unrenovated and renovated to warrant the money (and more importantly time and effort) on doing a renovation.

Having said that I am still interested in adding value through building the bottom level, adding a pergola etc.

2. Skipper

Skipper Member

Having lived in Kallangur for over 30 years I've seen all the changes, (positives and negatives) and like others commenting on this thread I think now is the perfect time to be buying an investment in the area. Our current residential home is toward the Dakabin/North Lakes end of Kallangur, but we've just purchased a house in the 2km radius of the Petrie Uni. We were the first people to view the house, put an offer in that morning and had the offer accepted that afternoon. We settle on the 9th of December. After reading this thread, I now feel like we were very lucky to snap this house up so quickly and that the seller took our first offer. We have other investment properties and manage them ourselves and plan to do the same with this house. We are using a local real estate as letting agents and are crossing our fingers to find tenants before Christmas. Best of luck to everyone hoping to invest in Kallangur - I love the area and think it will boom like expected.

mcarthur and wombat777 like this.
  3. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

What is your experience with rentals in the area? I just had to drop the rent by $35 p/w to get a new tenant in.

Kevvy7 likes this.
  4. Al1979

Al1979 Well-Known Member

What sort of property hash? I was of the understanding that houses on large blocks especially high sets with underneath built in were renting quite well and the vacancy issues were with townhouses.

5. hash_investor

3/2/2 Duplex

6. Skipper

Skipper Member

There seems to be a lot of duplex/townhouses to compete with at the moment. That is a huge drop in rent, hope things pick up soon. We have purchased a house and are allowing outside pets, so hopefully we'll get the rent we're asking. Will update once we have tenants.

7. hash_investor

I hope you get your house sorted soon. I am monitoring the area and a few 4/2/2 are also in the market for weeks. Just the time of the year may be. Although I reckon once the new townhouses get rented market will be back.

8. ramblin72

ramblin72 Well-Known Member

can I ask which RE you use for letting?

9. Skipper

Skipper Member

We are using LJ Hooker Kallangur

{Note from mods - thread continues here: QLD - Kallangur 2017}

Last edited by a moderator: 3rd Jan, 2019
    ramblin72 likes this.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.