QLD KALLANGUR STRATHPINE ACACIA RIDGE

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Katie, 5th May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Kallangur Acacia ridge

1. Kallangur

19 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. Acacia Ridge

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Yeah Jdm I think Kallangur is a bit far my preference atm is Strathpine Bray Park Lawton I don’t think I can afford I have $390.000 max to spend.

2. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Also considering Corio Norlane I need to decide but in the next month.

3. JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Although it's further out, the whole North Lakes and outer north region has some good demand. Acacia Ridge is a lower socio-demographic area which means more headaches with tenants and neighbours a lot of the time. If you want a comparable suburb on the north side, think Zillmere.

Katie likes this.
  4. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Yeah i guess how much is Zillmere have looked there not sure i can afford it.

5. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Would you prefer Strathpine and Bray park over Kallangur they are closer right?

6. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Most the highsets are selling around $380.000 in Kallanger now anyway i think i would prefer a high set house.

7. Matt Edghill

Matt Edghill Member

Area has no importance to me, obviously return is main driver. Factoring in all things I believe to be true in terms of divers, Ive narrowed my searches down to north Brisbane suburbs. Happy to stand corrected if you think those sorts of returns are elsewhere to be found

8. JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Bray Park is traditionally a lower socio-economic area as well so personally, I would lean towards Strathpine or Kallangur. With that said, it would be worth looking at Bray Park if the price is right.

9. JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

For context, I act for 14 different clients buying in Strathpine at the moment. Plenty of demand.

Katie likes this.
  10. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Why do houses seem to rent more the highsets in Bray Park then Strathpine if it’s lower socioeconomic area I’m sure you know tons more then me I know really nothing about these areas just going from Real Estate.com rentals.

11. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

I've drove through Strathpine to get to Kallangur last time I was there is Strathpine a bit closer to the city or even closer to that huge shopping centre in Chermside isn’t that the biggest Westfield in Brisbane?

12. Cookie15

Cookie15 Active Member

Remember Kallangur is close to North Lakes which is pretty big too though

13. Cookie15

Cookie15 Active Member

Interestingly I have had locals from the area recently suggest they find bray park nicer than strathpine. I thought bray park was lower socioeconomic area too. Each to their own I suppose.

14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I would think Bray Park and Strathpine are about equal for social demographics and incomes. Both suburbs have various classes of housing - although all your typical FHB places - built across a few different eras or decades. Hardiplank houses with very low profile roofs are the lowest class. Massive two-storey brick and tile family homes used to be the most desirable when I lived there.

Some years ago the border between Lawnton and Bray Park was relocated, putting some properties around Francis Road Lawnton into Bray Park. I suspect this is what would be considered the "low socio-economic area". Really, it is all just different flavours of low income.

15. MorganHB

MorganHB Well-Known Member

Kallangur has moved quite a bit in the past year. This time last year you'd be lucky to get any lowset/highset for sub $300K.
    Generally, they're more popular because they can be converted to an extra bedroom ;)

JAW likes this.
  16. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

The Northside is really in vogue at the moment, which explains all the votes up that way. Being based on the southside and having very little experience over the river, I'm obviously biased, but I am a HUGE fan of Acacia Ridge. Similarly to something like Zillmere or Strathpine, it's a lower socioeconomic ex-housing-commission in a killer location. I don't think you can really go wrong with that, though unfortunately Acacia Ridge has already seen about 5 years of strong growth so we're already a bit late to the party.

17. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

I would don't fuss too much about Kallangur being far compared to other suburbs. It does not matter too much if you can easily rent the place and it appreciates in value. I mean what else do you want? There is plenty of rental demand in Kallangur and more reasons to grow

JAW likes this.
  18. Rolo

Rolo Well-Known Member

I own a house in Strathpine. the neighbors in my street are really nice. the only undesirables were the ppl that i bought the house off. everyone was cheering when they left. i'm their hero haha.

TheLake and Angel like this.
  19. KevinJ

KevinJ Well-Known Member

Acacia Ridge for future townhouse sites. Rental yields are solid for a potential dev site within 15km of BCC CBD. It's a lower socioeconomic area and likely will always be. There is the potential for gentrification in the coming decade though ... tenants have not been an issue at all with a very localised and competent property manager @Tom Rivera :)

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia