QLD Kallangur

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Katie, 1st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. nth brisbanite

nth brisbanite Well-Known Member

Hard to believe prices for property which is 25km out from cbd is getting over 750. Nothing special (maybe bit of a view) about these houses. In Aspley, Geebung, Carseldine and Zillmere, moderate to reasonable houses on blocks about 600:sqm are getting a million. Brisbane is still booming and am confident growth will be 15% plus for 2022.

Northy85 and JAW like this.
  2. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

The Southern end of the Moreton Bay Council Region is developing at an expansive rate, with both lifestyle and extensive infrastructure continuing to become increasingly attractive to many, including those that traditionally lived closer to the Brisbane CBD, and had to deal with weekly peak traffic as the norm. Combined with a greater focus on people wanting to work remotely / from home due to the pandemic, and minimal peak hour traffic in the area, Moreton Bay looks set to become a brother City to Brisbane, rather than outer ring region, in the decades to come.

A month ago, the Mayor of the Moreton Bay Regional Council pushed forward a notion for the council to be renamed to Moreton Bay City.

'Sick of being overlooked': Moreton Bay Regional Council to rename itself Moreton Bay City

As the North Lakes Business district through to the Petrie Mill PDA / USC precinct continue to attract more private businesses and professional employment, this collective area will become the CBD of the Moreton Bay City area, with the Pennisula train line / Brisbane City train line connection at Petrie being the vein that runs through this evolving CBD.

Northy85 and The Artisan like this.
  3. Mark202

Mark202 Well-Known Member

Do you think Strathpine will do alright as well? It seems to be lagging the Petrie and Kallangur growth a little over the last 12 months.

4. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Strathpine is a couple of suburbs closer to the Brisbane CBD than the Petrie/Kallangur area, but other than this, it doesn’t have any infrastructure or lifestyle drivers that will continue to push the suburb forward with momentum.

Look for unique infrastructure and lifestyle opportunities that will drive a suburb forward, that have either not yet happened, or have only just begun with initial stages. You have to look at what a suburb will look like in 3, 5 and 10+ years time and take advantage of the future gain, not what it currently represents.

TheRons and Mark202 like this.
  5. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Kallangur Dakabin Neighbourhood planning Scheme - Key Outcomes from last meeting with Council planners, see attached.

Attached Files:

TheRons likes this.
  6. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, the Kallangur shockwave blast continues to roar.

4 bedder just sold for $850k.

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-kallangur-138105550

It is on a generous 800m block, but that is still a spectacular result.

Wait till The Mill PDA / USC campus is complete towards 2030, and the Council’s plans to update/refresh Anzac Ave running through Kallangur are complete.

Jana likes this.
  7. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

8. Grandview

Grandview Active Member

JAW likes this.
  9. Northy85

Northy85 Well-Known Member

When I saw your comment I thought the price might have been somewhere in the high 3s low 4s, completely forgetting about the extent of the boom. My morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet haha!

10. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Yup, just one external pic means it needs to be nuked from orbit - it’s the only way to be sure.

11. thunderstrike888

JAW likes this.
  12. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

That’s a gigantic block, backing onto the reserve. 4 bedder, 2 bath. That might crack a million in this market.

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  13. Hamish84

Hamish84 Well-Known Member

It WILL crack a million. The question is how much over? I reckon $1.1+

JAW and thunderstrike888 like this.
  14. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

I reckon $1,050,000-ish. Hopefully the price will be revealed, but often properties that sell for a premium don’t have their price disclosed.

18 months ago this property probably would have been in the $750-$800k range.

15. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

16. clubman

clubman Well-Known Member

The plans are all in the council's PD online. However, not much update since April 2021. The site is also looking the same, no demolition whatsoever. And of course, the development application is not approved yet.

DA Tracker

JAW likes this.
  17. DavidInvestment

DavidInvestment Active Member

Bought investment in Kallangur last year. Now looking for my second investment within a budget of max 700k.
    I am debating if I should get my second investment in Kallangur or prefer Springfield or Regent Park...

Just worried of placing all my eggs in the same basket. What do members think ?

Last edited: 25th Jan, 2022
    TheRons likes this.
  18. clubman

clubman Well-Known Member

I'd stay in the north side.

DavidInvestment and JAW like this.
  19. strayingknight

strayingknight Well-Known Member

If I were you I would diversify and get something in the South. Very strong and equally if not better outlook.

DavidInvestment likes this.
  20. thunderstrike888

You wont go wrong with either but the South I reckon still has more growth in it than the north.

Northside shot up alot faster than the south but now the south is catching up. Heck even Ipswich is on fire meaning the southside suburbs in Brisbane Council or Logan Council are going to continue to rise. They are still dirt cheap honestly. Getting a 4/2/2 on 600sqm blocks for $700k or under is a fantasy in Sydney. Thats why so many southerners are moving up there its dirt cheap and provide a very very good lifestyle.

JAW and DavidInvestment like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia