QLD Kallangur 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Lily Williams, 13th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

While I believe the uni is a massive help people I’ve spoken to over the years locals agents have stated Kallangur is a sleeping giant btw the agents were not trying to sell me a house there it was just a conversation.

2. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

And yes closer the Uni may be better but even on the other side they are selling for the same price atm the side of Kallangur with the townhouses up the road one sold for $550.000 and another around the corner for $470.000 a old wood one story 3 bedroom home.

3. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

A lot of investment pages say Kallangur has not moved I think they need updating
    it looks like a box no appeal.

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

JAW likes this.
  5. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Katie likes this.
  6. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

7. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

WOW. Things are really moving now. I love it! I always had a good feeling about the Northside of Brisbane. Way way undervalued for over 10 years.

JAW, Rambo and Katie like this.
  8. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Wow boom baby boom.

JAW likes this.
  9. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Smashes the hell out of Logan.

10. thunderstrike888

I still love Logan and Logan is also steaming ahead. Not as fast as the North but its moving as well. Some significant gains down there.

11. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

12. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

13. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

14. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

North side lovers - half a million was asked as it was high density land. Not usual.
    The region is gone up but not like Sydney yet...

15. thunderstrike888

For the northern suburbs to compare to Sydney will take longer than this boom. For $500k you cant buy any free standing house on land in Sydney. Even in the worst of the worst areas minimum is $600-$650k now for something liveable and on 600sqm+. Even 40km from the CBD like the hills we have $2.5M-$3M house prices.

This is why I am saying Brisbane both northside and southside is CHEAP as CHIPS still and that is the reason why I keep saying even when the growth in Sydney/Melb slows Brisbane will keep going to get to more of an equilibrium to the other 2 major cities. Its just way too cheap and undervalued still even after these pretty large price rises its still nothing compared to Syd/Melb.

JAW and Mulianto like this.
  16. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Indeed, comparing Moreton Bay to the primary metropolitan capital cities of NSW or Victoria simplicity does not make sense as a logical comparison. The affluence and wealth that is attracted to such capital cities allows prices to fluctuate like a yo-yo due to buyers choosing to buy properties based on what they ideally and specifically desire in a particular property (and pay a premium for it), rather than the simple need to “put a roof” over a family’s head.

A fair and logical comparison for Moreton Bay, being just North of Brisbane, would be the Council regions just East, South and West of Brisbane. And based on that, the suburbs at the Southern end of Moreton Bay that straddle the Northern Brisbane boarder are doing incredibly well.

Rambo likes this.
  17. NewGuy88

NewGuy88 Well-Known Member

Go Kallangur !

18. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  19. thunderstrike888

Love your posts mate - I dont have to keep track of the sales prices you keep me updated all the time. :)

Cant believe how fast its moving up north now. I'm getting a very very attractive offer on my Petrie place. I'm going to hold off until all the work up there finishes and fingers crossed that will net me a tidy little sum of that single property.

Palo and JAW like this.
  20. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Cheers, I’d like to do Petrie too coz I have a property there as well, but I think you’ve got that forum all sorted for me!

The best part is, even if the property market growth across Brisbane and the greater regions were to soften for some unforeseen reason in the near future, the insane infrastructure and investment from government and private enterprise going into the Petrie PDA over the next 10 years guarantees stable growth for Petrie/Kallangur/Lawton, no matter what. It’s as solid as it gets.