QLD Kallangur 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Lily Williams, 13th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

2. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

... and another one over half a million, on a 450m block.

Stay frosty people.

3. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

4. Rentforlife

Rentforlife Active Member

Kallangur up in the 20% growth range for the last 12 months

5. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

So are the rents. So much demand there at the moment. So much so that dual-occ investor properties are selling in 2 days.

6. Anders

Anders Active Member

interesting! i've got a 4bedroom in kallangur, south of anzac av, that has been renting for 440pw now for two years (no rent increase last year). lease will need to be renewed in july. i wonder that the property manager will recommend as new rent. what do you guys think?

7. Rentforlife

Rentforlife Active Member

8. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Remember you need to give a long lead time when increasing the rent.

9. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Yet *another* standard 615m block house sells for half a million.

Sold 25 Factory Street, Kallangur QLD 4503 on 27 Apr 2021 - 2016852672 | Domain

As a small minority continue to roll their eyes and bite their tongues at the evidence, the consistently sold data can’t be disputed.

The world spins on facts, not “feelings”. Give it 2-4 years for the Petrie PDA to kick into overdrive, then we’ll see some REALLY serious Sh_it kick into overdrive.

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  10. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

The guys doing this (I dont know who is) but.....they are missing out on huge growth in the North. ALL I repeat ALL the northern Brissy suburbs like Bald Hills, Bracken Ridge, Petrie, Kallangur all of them are gone insane!!! Literally insane. Houses previously sub $400k selling now for $625k. I'm just rubbing my fingers in delight these days.

56% price rise!!!!! since only 12-18 months ago. Amazing growth.

JAW likes this.
  11. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Indeed Thunderstrike888, and there are several non economy related factors feeding into this situation.

As Brisbane’s insane peak our traffic is now starting to reach the boarder of Brisbane and beyond, the attraction of those who work in the CBD but wish to live in Moreton Bay, but don’t want to deal with the daily grind, sits with being close to Petrie train station, which offers an express line in to the CBD. Living in East Petrie, West Lawnton or South Kallangur allows easy access to this, without having to switch trains. And if you live along the Redcliffe train line, you can easily catch a train (with a seat available), and swap at Petrie.

The real power of the Petrie PDA lies in not the university students themselves, but rather the estimated 6000 professional jobs that will be on site. Consider how attractive living close to the Petrie PDA will be for those professionals, rather than having to commute from North (or South) Brisbane.

COVID may have pushed back the development of the Petrie PDA by 9 months, but it certainly hasn’t dampened prices in the immediate area.

12. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

13. Wilko

Wilko Well-Known Member

As a Kallangur owner I've loved following your posts but I fear that you might even be getting too frothy for me now. I hope I'm wrong!

Is there actual evidence of properties going up by this much in Kallangur?

I'm hoping there is!

14. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

I am referring to my Bald Hills in that example but Kallangur is also steaming ahead. It may not have gone up as much as Bald Hills/Petrie/Bracken Ridge but its right up there.

I posted before some offers I made in Kallangur in the low 300s ($317 or so). These houses will easily sell for $420k-$450k I dont have any doubt. I wish I had bought every single house back then I made offers on. Looking at the prices I was going back and forth over a measly $5k. Damn!!! Cant believe I did that. :)

JAW and Wilko like this.
  15. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Considering what was selling for just over $300k a few years, and is now hitting the $450+ mark in Kallangur, it's pretty impressive, especially for first home buyers who just wanted to get a foot in the door.

Regardless, there are still some small pockets of Kallangur I would avoid purchasing, especially the North end of Duffield Road. A lot of townhouses and less desirable socio economical elements in the area.

16. Anders

Anders Active Member

this is interesting. my PM just got back and recommended a $5 per week rent increase, and commented that the Kallangur rental market hasn't moved very much. i insisted on a $20 per week increase.

17. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Most PMs are lazy, they will give 440 as guide. Tell the rent you are looking, if not tell them you will sell it. Message me the address I will tell you what it can go for. I would aim over $490 per.

18. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

19. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Wow I like the original post was thinking of selling no chance now these prices are huge.

20. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

Did you end up selling I’d be holding onto it prices in Kallangur are booming after talking to a few locals it’s what Kallangur has to offer it’s got easy access to highways both ways express train North Lakes shopping mall the Uni you are out of the hustle and bustle of North Lakes and 600 blocks compared to 350.

JAW likes this.