QLD Kallangur 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Lily Williams, 13th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

The good news is that the planned infrastructure for the next 10 years at The Mill PDA, represents a strong driver of stability and CG for the area as a whole.

TheRons and Rambo like this.
  2. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Absolute steal of the month. Established 3 bedder in decent condition, on 607m, just up the road from the Uni. Even has a view. Sold for $520k.

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-kallangur-137132590

Keep in mind the official listing states 6 bedrooms, but reading the description, it says 3 bedrooms and 3 utility rooms. Great to see Real Estate Agents maintaining their general reputation.....

3. Siebo

Siebo Member

I believe this property went under offer a few weeks back. Still a great deal, but also shows just how quickly prices have gone up because that would get close to $600k if it was sold today.

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  4. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Looking at the pics, there’s a few rooms in the house that could do with some minor touch ups. Spending $5k-$10k on touch ups could easily push it towards $600k in this market.

thunderstrike888 likes this.
  5. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Yep. I reckon this went too cheaply. As JAW said owners should have done a minor cheap cosmetic reno and get into closer to the $600k range.

JAW likes this.
  6. LP7

LP7 Well-Known Member

The yield on that is incredible too. Cash flow positive, potentially covering majority of principal payments too on a P+I loan.

JAW likes this.
  7. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

If the 3 "utility" rooms can be used as viable bedrooms, it also makes it a very unique rental proposition for any large families that must have the bedroom space.

It's hard enough to find a property with 5 viable bedroom spaces, let alone 6.

It's always intriguing to come across the various phrases of non-bonafide lingo used by agents to try and pitch non-bedrooms as bedrooms. From "Utility rooms", to "Zoom rooms" to "Complimentary recharge rooms", I think I've heard it all.

8. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

9. LP7

LP7 Well-Known Member

Yep. If you're set on buying in this market, I think you have to take the mindset that you won't let good be the enemy of great. There's no bargains, so buy the best land that you're comfortable paying for.

10. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

11. Siebo

Siebo Member

It's actually already been sold for that amount. I had put an offer in earlier in the week and was informed that it ended up selling "just under $600k".

Definitely well and truly over priced, but I guess that's just the market now.

12. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Just under $600k is an amazing result. There’s certainly no unique selling point for that particular property to make it stand out from others. It’s about as vanilla as a property in the general area can be.

Evidently, buyers really are keen to lock in a property, even at a premium, to avoid repeating the wash/rinse/repeat cycle of trying to secure a property and failing.

13. Siebo

Siebo Member

Yep that's right. I've been looking for about a month now and it feels like prices have gone up about 10% in that time and all of a sudden I've been priced out. Logan is starting to look even more inviting now.

Speaking to agents, they're selling very little off the market and owners always want at least one open home, so as a buyer it's impossible to get in early and try get a decent price now. You just have to offer the most you can and hope it's enough, regardless of whether or not the property is worth that amount.

14. millie29

millie29 Well-Known Member

Yep, after 2 months of unsuccessful searching I’ve bowed out of the Moreton Bay market sadly. Off to Logan I go, hopefully some better luck down there!

momentum26 likes this.
  15. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

At the very entry level end of the South East QLD market, Eagleby in the Logan region might be worth considering. It’s a very low socio economic area, but if minimal entry into the hot market that SE QLD is atm is your focus, maybe be it’s worth considering.

16. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

17. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

Prices have escalated for Logan too in the past 2 months.

craigc and thunderstrike888 like this.
  18. LP7

LP7 Well-Known Member

19. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Being a 2 bedder can always be hard sell for a free standing house in any market, but even so, at that price, $446k, its still exceptional value. Put aside $60-$70k for an extension for a 3rd bedroom with an ensuite, and you'd have a place easily worth $580k+ in this crazy market.

20. commencing_my_journey21

commencing_my_journey21 Active Member

Hi all, I am new the site and am looking at buying an IP in Brisbane. I have been looking at Kallangur, Strathpine, Morayfield or on the opposite side around Logan. I rang for two properties today in Kallangur but both were contracted, have I missed the boat (not based on missed properties today) based on good gains already? Or do you feel it will continue to rise and out shine Logan or other comparative price points over the next 5-10 years? This will be my first investment so want to get a good foundation and was looking where I am in Cairns but have since changed my tact to hopefully get some solid CG in Brisbane. Thanks for your time