QLD Kallangur 2021

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Lily Williams, 13th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lily Williams

Lily Williams Member

Anyone selling their IP in Kallangur?
    Keen to hear your thoughts on wether or not you think it’s a good time to sell.
    I advertised my IP and getting tons of offers well over the asking price (mostly owner occupiers wanting to move in now).
    Now I am unsure if the demand will continue being this strong end of this year / next year.
    If I hold it for another few years will the prices be much higher..
    It looks like due to Covid prices / demand has gone up but no one really knows what will happen after jobkeeper ends and mortgage deferrals end and repayments kick back in.

Is it better to sell now at a good price or wait, hold, and sell at an even higher price in a few years. Or risk prices crashing down or staying flat.

thanks for reading and for your feedback
    Lily

Katie likes this.
  2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

An agent called me 6 months ago said my property can go 420k, he called last week and said my property in Kallangur can easily pass 460k. So about 10% in 6 months.

The region is gentrifying. It may continue if your property is close proximity to uni.

If you need money and can’t hold for 10 years, suggest to sell. It is very hard to predict the future in Kallangur.

Kholod45 likes this.
  3. Rentforlife

Rentforlife Active Member

Sell if you don't like money

DavidDavid and Katie like this.
  4. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

It seems like you don't have to sell. If you know you can make more money for sure elsewhere go ahead and sell.

WreckalcitrantOG likes this.
  5. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Kallangur is going crazy along with Petrie and all the other north side suburbs. I dont have anything in Kallangur but from the past emails I have with the prices being discussed in there compared to what RE is listing - I guess I have missed the boat on this one.

Lucky I ended up buying in Petrie. :)

If I held property in Kallangur right now I would not be selling. There is plenty of room left for capital growth. It only just started taking off.

DavidDavid, Oana and JAW like this.
  6. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Link: Innovation & Technology Precinct - Petrie

“The game has changed, the world has changed. Fortunately, Queensland is seen as the safest place in Australia right now and Moreton Bay is seen as something of an investment haven”."

"The new project will provide a mixed use redevelopment that seeks to provide an enormous innovation and technical precinct north of Brisbane. "

"The area is a “sleeping giant about to awaken”. “This 460ha site holds untold potential as the largest greenfield innovation precinct in Australia""

“We are going to build a tech and innovation hub twice the size of Brisbane’s CBD. In fact, The Mill is expected to deliver 8600 ongoing jobs and add $813 million into the regional economy per year on average, once fully realised.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you bought in South West Kallangur (Or East Petrie, or West Lawnton), let the above sink in for a minute.

Last edited: 16th Feb, 2021
    The Artisan likes this.
  7. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

It depends on a few factors -
    What is the location of your property in Kallangur (North or South of Anzac Ave)?
    Is it free standing house or a townhouse?
    If necessary, how much money would need to be spent on it in the short term to bring it up to a decent standard?

8. balotelli14

balotelli14 Active Member

Thoughts on this place ? Was actively bidding but missed out to an investor

https://www.realestate.com.au/property/8-spring-rd-kallangur-qld-4503

9. thunderstrike888

10. balotelli14

My final offer was for $490k and the agent told me it was sold for $500k.

11. thunderstrike888

OK cool thanks for that.

I was just looking at past offers on houses I made in Kallangur back in 2016 through my archived emails. Its crazy.

Look at these.....haha LOL. All low sold for low 300s. That means I was throwing out offers lower than that because I didnt secure those homes. WoW. Significant growth now.

These would be all over $400k - $450k now.

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-kallangur-122897950

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-kallangur-123268614

https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-kallangur-122955674

I also offered $317k for 14 Birchgrove Crescent back then. I can see the estimated price is now $400k+ and recently sold in 2020 for $395k.

12. balotelli14

All decent properties - but I think south of Anzac avenue is where the money is with Kallangur. Right between Kallangur and Murrumba downs train station.

JAW and wilso8948 like this.
  13. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Absolutely, anything South of Anzac Ave is really good, the closer to Dohles the better. Harding Street and Beattie street is a really nice little pocket. Walking distance to the Uni precinct / Petrie train station, and the houses in the streets are generally well maintained.

14. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

The only thing is, they’re all North of Anzac ave! Avoid, especially anything near the North East pocket near the motorway.

As I’ve said before, Kallangur will be viewed as a split suburb in time. Properties North of Anzac Ave, and properties South of Anzac Ave. South is where it’s at.

Last edited: 8th Mar, 2021
  15. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

16. thunderstrike888

Yeah but even then look how much they have grown. That was the main point. :)

I was very close to getting that house for $317k as well - I wont complain if that house is over $400k now that would have been close to 30% growth.

JAW likes this.
  17. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

For sure, gone are the days of 5 years ago getting a decent freeestanding house in kallangur around the $300k mark. Now it's around $400k and even then probably needs a touch up or too.

I've attended rental viewings in Kallangur, Petrie and Lawnton, each with 40-50 people turning up. This should drive up rental prices, and push the less desirables further North as part of the gentrification process.

18. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

19. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

20. thunderstrike888

JAW likes this.