QLD Kallangur 2019

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JAW, 3rd Jan, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SydneyInvestor

SydneyInvestor Well-Known Member

Thanks @Angel , I will PM you the address. Sorry for the delay.
    Cheers!

2. SydneyInvestor

SydneyInvestor Well-Known Member

Thanks @Jana , this thought has just come to my mind because fo the feedback at open house for rentals. May be this is nto exactly the case and my thinking is flawed :)

3. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

4. househuntn

househuntn Well-Known Member

I went to Kallangur about this time last year. To be honest, the only reason I would buy there is for potential growth due to the new uni. Other than that there's not much stimulus for growth. I don't think subdivsion or granny flats are common, although there are pockets near Kallangur station and on some main roads with smaller blocks/units.

I know past performance is no indicator of future performance but I agree with a previous poster that historic growth is probably around the 4-5% mark with a few exceptions (eg reno jobs). I'm not as excited about investing in Kallangur but still have a saved search on realestate in case a great deal comes along, near the new uni

5. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

6. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

"They are looking for a corridor for a four-lane, or possibly six-lane, inland alternative to the Bruce Highway."

"A 35-kilometre stretch from Dohles Rocks Road at Kallangur to Steve Irwin Way at Beerburrum, is part of that planning, Transport Minister Mark Bailey has confirmed."

"The Strathpine East Arterial is a proposed four-lane (ultimately six-lane) transport corridor that will connect Dohles Rocks Road in Kallangur with the road network to the south at Carseldine," he said."

Source: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...-planning-agenda-with-7m-20191120-p53cd6.html

7. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Proposed on and off ramps to the motorway off Dohles Rocks road at Murrumba downs, which in turn would impact on the traffic running along Dohles Rocks road through Kallangur.

8. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Dohles Rocks Road is a ROAD. It is expected to carry traffic.

JAW likes this.
  9. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Mill PDA update

"The Mill at Moreton Bay redevelopment project update - December 2019"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WORKS UPDATE
    The final touches are now underway at The Mill, ready for USC's campus to open next year. Traffic is flowing along Gympie Road, with intersection works now complete at the entrance to The Mill and Wyllie Park. An important part of the road's design has been to incorporate green infrastructure to enable wildlife to safely cross the road and avoid cars. We've built a tunnel beneath the road and fauna fencing to direct wildlife there, as well as poles and rails for koalas. For climbing animals like possums, we've built a rope bridge above Gympie Road.

The next major construction project for The Mill is a Regional Park that will include large kick-around spaces for the community along with more formalised recreation components. Once complete it will be a $9 million park boasting an outdoor water playground, adventure play area, shade structures, BBQ's, an amphitheatre, amenities building and car parking. Extensive native landscape works are included, with larger trees being planted in road verges and throughout the park. These trees are being grown off site now so they will be ready for transplanting when site preparations are completed."

Source: The Mill at Moreton Bay redevelopment project update - December 2019

{Note from mods - this thread continues here: Kallangur 2020 [QLD]}

Last edited by a moderator: 12th Jul, 2020