Just start already....... do something which moves you in the direction of YOUR stated Goal

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Rolf Latham, 2nd Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

As some of you may know, we do a bit of " coaching " work with clients, potential clients and people wanting to improve an existing business OR start something new

Over the last 10 years I have noticed a gradual but increasing " slide" to financial apathy, me included :).

I suspect thats because the availability of information is so easy and plentiful, opinions about anything and everything abound, there is an overwhelm of stuff to do and get done , and society and general idealogy seems that might be better off sticking with the devil we know, and the inertia of doing something is, just too large to overcome.

I was doing some garden work this morning after a couple of settlement issues :( and found this little thing, a money tree eeking out an existence and growth in a cut of a discarded T&G flooring.

upload_2018-11-2_13-28-4.png

And

I got to thinking.

I wonder how our natural world would go, if all waited for the right research, the right opportunity, the right feelings like many of us do.........

Start already........... find a little crevice to hold onto and get to it.

If we do something in the direction of our dreams and goals, the inertia will eventually be overcome by momentum.

ta

rolf

2. ShireBoy

ShireBoy Well-Known Member

How does that saying go...
    You're sitting under a tree today because someone planted it 40 years ago.

craigc, Chris Au and Islay like this.
  3. Islay

Islay Well-Known Member

yes, its a good quote - applies to many things "Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago"

ShireBoy likes this.
  4. sqe

sqe Well-Known Member

For years I've waited for my career to progress knowing it wouldn't, waited for my reno to finish while I put my life on hold. Sat back on investments waiting for the "right" opportunity.

Then I stumbled across a property investing podcast that made sense. Focussed on cash flow and getting foundations right. So I started on the journey of reducing expenses and getting a true grip on my finances. I then engaged them in developing a plan to turn my ppor into an IP and purchase an additional IP.

Since then I've started a side business.

I've started planting the seeds for my future and my daughter's future. Nothing will stop me now

Propagate, ellejay and hammer like this.
  5. babyboomer1

babyboomer1 Well-Known Member

I am thinking of putting a granny flat on our investment property in Nowra just wondering if there is sufficient demand

6. Rolf Latham

id be having a look at real estate .com rental sites

if its closeish to town, lower priced, smaller accomodation seems to be a good thing, but needs to be analysed with the context of not just NOW, but also longer term - ie is there a bunch of new small units going up near you soon etc

ta

rolf

7. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

100 percent with you Rolf!

For crissakes...JUST DO SOMETHING!!

8. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Your not wrong about letting things slide. I have been meaning to fix one of my loans since February. I finally called today and fixed for 5 years. It's easy to let things slide. It's more rewarding to take action.

9. Rolf Latham

and the usual come back I get from many that arent clear on what they want is............ what if its the wrong thing ?

Jim Rohn says, run fast in the direction, because if you are wrong, you will know sooner..............

Im not suggesting people invest in property or shares etc with that mindset, but simple to get off the Glute and start

ta
    rolf

10. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

You can let them know Grant Cardone said this:
    "I would rather commit to the wrong thing all the way than commit to the right thing halfway"

Better start something today and give it all, than doing nothing. Because chances are, we all end up regret more for things which we haven't tried in life than the things we have tried but didn't work out :)

Cheers,
    David

Koshy likes this.
  11. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

I fell into property investing a few years ago when I was quoting a job and chatting to a client. The conversation changed my life. We were talking about how crazy property prices were and I was saying to her how I planned to sell my house and upgrade. The lady gave me the best advice I’ve been give - she said don’t sell your house. Get your equity out and buy an investment property and she told me about her journey how she started out just after getting married and stumbled across one house and then the next etc. I got home all excited and talked my husband into buying an IP instead of selling and upgrading or getting a pool. We now have our PPOR and three IPs.
    I often think back to the conversation and I think one day I will call the lady and thank her for the impact she has had on my life.

Kevvy7, craigc, albanga and 4 others like this.
  12. Islay

Islay Well-Known Member

I love serendipity

13. Rolf Latham

Make that tommorow :)

Mentors, even one time influences while there all the time, dont always have connection and influence, this one obviously did

ta
    rolf

Kevvy7, QldKoolies and hammer like this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia