Just Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mark Anthony, 1st Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Member

Hi all,
    Mark Anthony here and I've only just joined this forum.
    Hoping to learn as I am new to property.
    Just spend the weekend at an Options seminar that cost $6,000 with an upsell of $35,000 but I have my reservations after undertaking quite a bit of research.

Can anyone here comment on property options or experience they have had with Mark Rolton from Massland?

Not looking for disgruntled anything rather genuine feedback of what I need to be looking for.

Thank you in advanced.

Mark Anthony...

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

welcome fellow GCer

Its a good place to learn

ta
    rolf

3. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

$6,000 is a decent amount of money to part for a seminar.

VB King likes this.
  4. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

Hi @Mark Anthony and welcome. Can I ask what the seminar was about. It does seem a considerable investment to make, however, could well have been useful for you. Mick.

5. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Member

yes 6k is a decent amount... and $35,000 is quite a bit more. If one takes longer than 3 days to decide that $35k goes to 39k.

All worth it if the system produced even just one decent deal in 125 months but I am seeing many graduates who invested that 35k not getting anywhere.

Now that could be because of all the reasons they are saying which includes the deals are much harder to secure than made out to be, the finance given by Massland is not free from interest, the team at Massland don't take your calls and help like they are meant to etc, stc... one cant know until involved.

6. Mick Butterfield

I can see a lot of red flags here. I guess they are banking on a proportion of people throwing 35k of good money after 6k of bad.

7. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Most usually, thats no the issue of the seminar or the information

Its helium leakage

ta

rolf

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I wouldn't touch Massland with a 10 foot pole. I have met Mark Rolton and seen him present. The guy gives me shivers like no one else. I could say a lot more but I better not.

Anyone reading this, do yourself a huge favour and stay clear of Massland.

Tom Rivera and Brady like this.
  9. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Member

Hey Mich,
    The main teaching was dedicated to property options,
    With respect there were so many gold nuggets but keeping up was impossible... I have numerous points in my notes that are unfinished.

It was a really good insight as a freshman that I am but am not sure about the investment and what if it works as described as I've researched a lot and found that the deals that are so easy to do are in fact potentially very difficult to undertake.

The company is Massland by Mark Rolton.
    I feel he is genuine and can deliver no doubt but his agreements really have you by the Ba##s.

Thanks for checking in Mick.

10. Mick Butterfield

Hi Mark,

Do they offer the legal side of things also? It is generally accepted it is wise to steer clear of investment companies that offer one stop solutions. I note on their website that they have a financing service.

FWIW I would save the 35K and;
    - Sit on this forum for a good few weeks reading everything that takes your interest.
    - Speak to some brokers (there are some great ones on here) to help ascertain what will be possible for you and the best lending solutions.
    - Make sure you have a good accountant and solicitor.
    - Spend $500 on some investment/mindset books. This is probably the biggest one as the more you invest in yourself, the more confident you become in your investment journey.

Do you have any idea of what you want your end game to be?

Cheers, Mick.

Brady, Nabtower and Nattl3s like this.
  11. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

You just spent $6k that you probably shouldn't have.
    Don't waste another $35k on top of it.

It seems to be that most people that go to seminars like this never actually buy a property, I know a few like that.

Read on here, get some Jan Somers books, you'll learn more and it's virtually free (at least when you compare it to $40k+).

I know my post is not the most supportive, but turn it around. Use what you have learnt so far and build on it. $35k is a very nice deposit on a property. I started out with I think $52k seven years ago and now have 10 (very low value) IPs. Those sort of results are achievable, no seminars or magic formulas required. Just a strategy and lots of repetition will get you there.

Brady, ellejay, Nattl3s and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

He is genuine no doubt but his agreements have you by the balls........right.

Mark Anthony likes this.
  13. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Member

Hey Mich, thank you for your reply again mate.

They have all the legal docs and do say we can use our own lawyer if we want but I doubt anyone does.

I'll be taking your advice here.

Cheers...

Mick Butterfield likes this.
  14. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Member

Thank you, I really appreciate you for this.
    Already looked up Jan Summers and will purchase some of her books.
    Will take your advice.

15. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Member

yes they do.

16. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

My point is, he is not genuine then. No use giving someone a delicious muffin but before he has a bite you shoot him dead.

17. VB King

VB King Well-Known Member

Don't be a lamb.

To the ...

18. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

If they were making so much money trading options why would they be selling seminars at $6k. Then $35k to follow.
    Just a scheme and you got hustled bud.

Brady likes this.
  19. LinSA

LinSA New Member

It sounds like you decided to not go ahead, have you managed to use the information you paid $6,000- for? I have just been considering their course, it has gone down to $2,500, and apparently you don't pay again until you have made $100,000 profit at which time you pay the other $22,500.

For me, a stay at home mum who can't get a loan for investment until I return to a job in a few years, the concept of what he is offering sounded greatly exciting. I am happy to work hard to find the deals, approach people to get my foot in the door, but I can't help but worry that they won't then support me as they promise by truly providing all finance and negotiations etc from there onwards.

In theory what he is saying sounds understandable. If he has more buyers than he can provide properties for, and rather than pay somebody a $100k/yr wage to find properties, he has a bunch of eager students willing to pay a little to be taught to find the properties for him.... I'd run seminars for that scenario also. But it is sounding from what everybody is saying that even so he won't provide the goods even if we do provide the deals. That is such a shame, it sounded like an opportunity at last for me :-(

20. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

You could do a masters of law for less than $35k.
    Why not read as much as you can and the just do some short courses for lawyers on options - at around $200 to $500 a pop.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.