Just a typical sparky from bne

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Clean Cookie, 20th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Well known for making a mess and disappearing.

My wife knows that well

Just purchased our first IP and learnt plenty about company/trusts, etc. Over the past 3 years. Decided to go that direction despite being costly and somewhat limiting, due to our future goals. So many people out there trying to scare you into them which isn't at all helpful.

Currently, watching in amazement in our lowly suburb on the Northside, where pricing hasn't moved much for 5 years since we bought our first ppr, to now taking off. Took me 10 different attempts and strategies to secure the IP we ended up buying. Madness.

Anyways hopefully I can add value in the trades side of things. Btw buying and installing Deta GPO's from Bunnings is a "aaaand I'm done with this diy Reno!" From me.

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. It will be good to have a sparkie on here.

Would love to hear about your attempts and strategies to secure the IP.

3. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Building relationships ultimately helped.

Met heaps of quality agents and some manipulative, crooked ones!

Helped getting some RP data off agents on other properties in the area (after meeting at a disaster he regretted taking on where the vendor was useless, offered 100k less than asking, he wasn't offended )

Tried beating the crowd with a sunset clause on the offer when there was 40 groups through but wasn't presenting them until the Tuesday after open.

Tried buying before first open by asking what the vendor wanted - offered slightly more than I ended up securing it for, because it was what I was looking for. Ultimately paid probably a bit too much but we're in for a long ride so our mentors helped reassure us and just jump in head first. Advertising said mid-high 500's, called the agent out as it was always going to go over 600k given the last few weeks in the surrounding areas, result was 100 people bumping around a house. Most clueless as to what the market was doing and their offers were well shy. Ended up with apparently 5 other offers over the 600 mark after first open.

I'd actually written the suburb off as we'd lived close by but it's mentioned heaps on here!