Entertainment & Music Joke Thread

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by HD_ACE, 18th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Now Uber is trying out Uber Fly.

If they combined with Uber Eats it could be Pie in the Sky.

datto, Lemmy a fiver and Chrispy like this.
  2. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

A man who is driving a car is stopped by a police officer. The following exchange takes place . . .

Man: 'What's the problem, Officer?'
    Officer: 'You were going at least 75 in a 55 zone.'
    Man: 'No Sir, I was going 65.'
    Wife: 'Oh, Harry, you were going 80.' (The man gives his wife a dirty look.)
    Officer: 'Also, I'm also going to give you a ticket for your broken tail light.'
    Man: 'Broken tail light? I didn't know about a broken tail light!'
    Wife: 'Oh, Harry, come on, you've known about that tail light for weeks.' (The man gives his wife another dirty look.)
    Officer: 'I'm also going to give you a citation for not wearing your seatbelt.'
    Man: 'Oh, I just took it off when you were walking up to the car.'
    Wife: 'Oh, Harry, you never wear your seatbelt.'
    The man turns to his wife and yells, 'SHUT YOUR MOUTH!'
    The Officer turns to the woman and asks, 'Ma'am, does your husband talk to you this way all the time?'
    The wife says, 'No, only when he's been drinking!!!'

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

A dog lover, whose dog is a female and “in heat”, agrees to look after her neighbours' male dog while the neighbours are on vacation. She has a large house and believes she can keep the two dogs apart.

However, as she is drifting off to sleep she hears awful howling and rushes downstairs to find the dogs locked together, in obvious pain and unable to disengage, as so frequently happens when dogs mate.

Desperate, she calls the vet, who answers in a very grumpy voice.

Having explained the problem to him, the vet says, “Hang up the phone and place it down alongside the dogs. I will then call you back and the noise of the ringing will make the male lose his excitement and he will be able to withdraw.”

“Do you think that will work?” she asks.

“Just worked on me,” he replies.

4. geoffw

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patty Whack.

"Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral." She holds up the tiny pink elephant. "I mean, what in the world is this?"

The bank manager looks back at her and says, "It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

qak, luckyone, datto and 3 others like this.
  5. John_S

John_S Mortgage Broker

Don't you just hate it when med students call themselves doctors?

I mean you don't see engineering students calling themselves engineers or arts students calling themselves baristas

luckyone, mrdobalina, datto and 3 others like this.
  6. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

Careful, professional baristas don't like Starbucks employees calling themselves baristas...

mikey7 likes this.
  7. Scott No Mates

Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?

America is a country that produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote.

You know that tingly little feeling you get when you like someone? That's your common sense leaving your body.

Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?

My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We'll see about that.

I think my neighbour is stalking me, as she's been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.

datto, Lemmy a fiver and geoffw like this.
  8. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables when a voice in the dark said, ‘Jesus knows you’re here.’ He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight off, and froze.
    When he heard nothing more, after a bit, he shook his head and continued. Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard a voice....say, ‘Jesus is watching you.’ Freaked out, he shined his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice.
    Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot. ‘Did you say that?’ he hissed at the parrot. ‘Yep’, the parrot confessed, then squawked, ‘I’m just trying to warn you that he is watching you.’ The burglar relaxed. ‘Warn me, huh? Who are you?’
    ‘I'm Moses.’ replied the bird. ‘Moses?’ the burglar laughed. ‘What kind of people would name a bird Moses?’
    ‘The same kind of people that would name their Rottweiler Jesus.’

luckyone, sharon, John_S and 3 others like this.
  9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

FB_IMG_1532386058380.jpg

qak and sharon like this.
  10. Purple Patch

Purple Patch Well-Known Member

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose girl."
    The priest asks, "Is that you, little Joey Pagano?"
    "Yes, Father, it is."
    "And who was the girl you were with?"
    "I can't tell you, Father. I don't want to ruin her reputation."
    "Well, Joey, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?"
    "I cannot say."
    "Was it Teresa Mazzarelli?"
    "I'll never tell."
    "Was it Nina Capelli?"
    "I'm sorry, but I cannot name her."
    "Was it Cathy Piriano?"
    "My lips are sealed."
    "Was it Rosa DiAngelo, then?"
    "Please, Father! I cannot tell you."
    The priest sighs in frustration. "You're very tight lipped, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."
    Joey walks back to his pew, and his friend Franco slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"
    "Four months vacation and five good leads..."

Phantom, luckyone, kierank and 5 others like this.
  11. datto

datto Well-Known Member

A Roman Soldier walks into a bar, holds up two fingers and says "5 beers please".

12. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

Anybody here named Jeff?
    Jeff: "Yes"
    Geoff: "Yeos"

Scott No Mates likes this.
  13. geoffw

Where is the "don't like" button? ;-)

I have a friend called Steven. Though he always says it's spelt with ph. So it's really Phteven.

luckyone, datto and chylld like this.
  14. geoffw

I think he may have said quinque cervisia. Or similar.

datto likes this.
  15. turk

turk Well-Known Member

Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. baby tomato starts lagging behind. poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and squashes him... and says, catch up!

datto and mikey7 like this.
  16. Scott No Mates

Depending upon how many he'd had, it could have been - "five gottles of geer". :confused:

datto likes this.
  17. geoffw

As he was a Roman soldier, his grasp of modern English would have been extraordinary.

datto likes this.
  18. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings. The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs.
    When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbor.
    Before she says a word, Bob says, ‘I’ll give you $800 to drop that towel.’
    After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob, after a few seconds, Bob hands her $800 and leaves.
    The woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back upstairs.
    When she gets to the bathroom, her husband asks, ‘Who was that?’ ‘It was Bob the next door neighbor,’ she replies. ‘Great,’ the husband says, ‘did he say anything about the $800 he owes me?’

19. euro73

A priest offered a Nun a lift. She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to reveal a leg. The priest nearly had an accident. After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg. The nun said, ‘Father, remember Psalm 129?’
    The priest removed his hand. But, changing gears, he let his hand slide up her leg again. The nun once again said, ‘Father, remember Psalm 129?’
    The priest apologized ‘Sorry sister but the flesh is weak.’
    Arriving at the convent, the nun sighed heavily and went on her way.
    On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to look up Psalm 129. It said, ‘Go forth and seek, further up, you will find glory.’
    Moral of the story:
    If you are not well informed in your job, you might miss a great opportunity.

astonma and geoffw like this.
  20. euro73

A sales rep, an administration clerk, and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out. The Genie says, ‘I’ll give each of you just one wish.’
    ‘Me first! Me first!’ says the admin clerk. ‘I want to be in the Bahamas , driving a speedboat, without a care in the world.’
    Puff! She’s gone.
    ‘Me next! Me next!’ says the sales rep. ‘I want to be in Hawaii , relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of Pina Coladas and the love of my life.’
    Puff! He’s gone.
    ‘OK, you’re up,’ the Genie says to the manager. The manager says, ‘I want those two back in the office after lunch.’

datto likes this.