Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Jason From Sydney

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by blackenator, 6th Dec, 2015.

1. blackenator

blackenator Well-Known Member

Hi All

My name is Jason , 29 and from western sydney

Have been on somersoft and now property chat for about the last 4 years. Growing up I never had an interest in property or investing. I like most people had no concept of money and just wanted to have my average house and average job , work my my whole life and pay of my house then retire on the pension.

At the age of about 25 I met my ex partner now my mindset all of sudden changed I had the sense of I need to do something for myself financially and started looking up avenues of making money. I cant remember exactly how but I stumbled upon Nathan Birch and his achievements (he wasn't so mainstream back then) and was fascinated by how he could retire at such an early age. I know Nathan Birch cops a lot of flack on this forum but I think his achievements speak for them self.

I then decided I wanted to buy a property so started working 7 days to save a deposit for my first house which I got in just earlier this year ( in Sydney) and also purchased another 2 properties in qld one through a buyers agent and one on my own.

Thats a short run down on my property journey so far.On a side note I would like to thank everyone on this forum from the brokers to the everyday people who make this forum and somersoft such an awesome resource.

bob shovel likes this.
  2. monalisa

monalisa Well-Known Member Premium Member

Hi @blackenator , Jason

Nice to see you are also from Western Sydney :)

Congratulations on finding your path to financial freedom. I think mindset is like a switch - once flicked, you can never go back to being the same person again.

Hope you can make it to the next Western Sydney meet up that skater organises.

Last edited: 6th Dec, 2015
  3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Gday Jason, sounds like you got off to a decent start, 3 in 1 year is pretty impressive.
    Where abouts in QLD did you buy?

4. blackenator

Thanks Monalisa a bit of a sereal feeling given I just read your article on APM magazine a few weeks ago :)

I purchased one in morningside and another in ipswich both units

DiligentPM, monalisa and MsAli like this.
  5. MsAli

MsAli Well-Known Member Premium Member

I think a few months @blackenator :). A few more acquisitions and milestones since.

Welcome to PC.

P.S. why surreal :D?

6. blackenator

I am a bit behind in reading my APM magazines. Awesome work I am sure I will read about soon when your on the cover of APM again :)

monalisa and MsAli like this.
  7. DiligentPM

DiligentPM Well-Known Member Business Member

Welcome aboard!