Sports & Fitness Jarryd Hayne

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by bob shovel, 28th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Only time Detroit will be making it to the Superbowl ;)

adrian_christian and Jamie Moore like this.
  2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good find @vbplease
    Also be aware of the time difference if you sign up to take advantage of watching 2 games.

3. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

hmm, 11am Monday is live for the Broncos game. I'll check out if you can watch the show on demand Monday night.

4. No Probs

No Probs Well-Known Member

Apparntly he trademarked "Jarryd Hayne" and established a company called JH38 in the past few weeks... Interesting... Sounds like Jarryd Hayne will turn into his own brand.

5. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Thanks @vbplease

I get the NBA league pass each year too. Best value - I stream games all day long on a separate screen :)

Cheers

Jamie

6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

check time difference for the broncos game i thought i heard midday Sunday oz time

7. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

He has done very well - much better, sooner than many including I expected.

Its only preseason though, with many 'trial' or second string players. He won't have anywhere near as much time with the ball on kick returns once the season proper starts, if he makes it.

Hope he continues on and blows them out of the park. Very high injury stats in this game though, and once some of the big boys get you, it can be lights out.

8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Imagine someone wearing a motorbike helmet diving into your planted knee - not much fun.

9. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

He will survive the next round of roster cuts, no question.

It will probably work in his favour that he's potentially playing for a team that isn't expected to make the playoffs, Reggie Bush is getting old and another one of the second tiers running backs is coming off a big post-recovery (torn ACL). But he should do well in special teams. Corners and safeties will probably have his measure as a WR option.

10. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

The general consensus is that Kendall Hunter will be cut instead of Jarryd Hayne. KH hasn't played much since injury and I think 49ers won't risk waiving Jarryd (and let other 26 teams pick up) hoping to get him in 49ers practice squad.

11. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

Hayne's made the next cut to 75 players, next step is the final 53 later this week. Kudos to him.

Jamie Moore and bob shovel like this.
  12. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

One step closer. Hope he gets some game time in the last pre-season game.

13. bob shovel

Getting some praise from big names ! and he's made it onto the latest madden game!

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/jarry...r-brian-mitchell/story-fnjbnts7-1227511099469

THE greatest returner in NFL history believes Jarryd Hayne has rediscovered a “lost art” in American football and predicted the Australian will have a long career in the US.

Brian Mitchell, speaking on Comcast Mid-Atlantic, said Hayne’s instinct for beating tacklers was more advanced than many returners who had played the game all their lives.

And he has loved the Aussie’s use of the “stiff arm” throughout the 49ers’ pre-season.

“Some guys try to set you up and other guys just instinctively make guys miss,” said Mitchell, who won a Super Bowl and earned Pro Bowl selection in a 14-year career with the Washington Redskins, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants.

“And (Hayne) just instinctively makes guys miss. He lowers his shoulder pads when he needs to and he even switches the ball up in his hands.

[​IMG]
    “Even guys in American football, they don’t do it all the time. He switches the ball from one hand to the other and uses the other hand to stiff-arm. I think that’s a lost art in football.”

Gockie likes this.
  14. Jamie Moore

Just subscribed to the league pass - between the NFL and NBA passes.....I'm not going to get much done :-(

Cheers

Jamie

15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good article, but the best return man in the NFL was Deion $anders. As well as returning kicks part time, he played Cornerback full time on the defence, and some time at Wide Receiver on offence. Oh and he was the 1st person to ever hit a home run and score a touchdown in the same week (he dabbled in Baseball too). And he's the only player ever to play in a Super Bowl (NFL) and a World Series (MBL).
    Check out his highlights on Youtube if you want to see how it's done ;)

16. Jamie Moore

He seems to be doing pretty well so far against the Chargers - some decent rushing yards.

Edit: He's carving them up now :)

Last edited: 4th Sep, 2015
    Azazel and Gockie like this.
  17. bob shovel

Just saw a couple of highlights on the news, awesome tackle round the legs andcouple of big steps to make some ground!

18. Jamie Moore

He's a lock for a spot - I can't see how he could be cut. Even the commentators couldn't stop talking about how good he is.

19. bob shovel

What about that shoulder charge! Walked straight over him without even noticing the bloke

vbplease likes this.
  20. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

If he gets some space I can him getting out of a lot more tackles than getting tackled.. His footwork is awesome. Can't wait to see him do some more face palms and shoulder charges there's no suspension in nfl for shoulder charges

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF