Sports & Fitness Jarryd Hayne

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by bob shovel, 28th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

He seems to be making quite a name for himself over in the USofA.

I am not a follower of NFL like most aussies i guess, but have been following the headlines and news stories to see how he is going and hoping he does well. He seems to be doing all the right things so far and by the sounds should make a team, whether its the 49ers or if someone else snaps him up. Great to see an aussie giving it to the yanks at their own game!

Anyone follow the game or any ideas on how is really going, aside from the media hype. After game 1 he sounded impressive but being first game its easily put down as luck or soft opposition but now after the second game appears to be the real deal. From what ive seen and the way the game is played he looks like he's a natural out there. with those blockers he jut needs to adjust his rugby league style and go the sheppard. and how good are the palms! sorted out a couple of guys!

And for the mindset peeps out there, before going over to trial he was confident he would make the team and in all his interviews he has said "confident in his abilities" a million times, he saw himself out there before he got on the plane!!

2. 380

380 Well-Known Member

Another case of Aussie media hyping star export!

3. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

The hype is justified. Some of his punt returns have been amazing - his rushing yard have been decent too.

This is a guy who is still learning the game too! I can't see how he wouldn't make it onto the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if NFL scouts started taking a closer look at NRL players.

Cheers

Jamie

vbplease, Perp and Esh like this.
  4. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

The Haynes Plane is the real deal.

5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I really hope he will make the roster and I get to see him St Levis on 20/12.

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

It was a massive long shot for someone who's never played the game to make it into a training camp, then make it to training in full pads, let alone playing in a pre-season game.
    People over there are recruited to play at High School. The best of those are recruited to play in College. A very small percentage of those are drafted to play in the NFL.
    It would be pretty amazing if he makes the final roster.

7. Jamie Moore

Yep - he's inspirational. He had a goal and took a massive risk to reach it.

Esh, skuzy and Gockie like this.
  8. bob shovel

On the 49ers website with player listing it had "college" next to their name, they all hasn't colleges, hayne has "no college"

I wonder if the nfl are in the ear of 49ers to make sure he does well and gets in for the marketing side, good news story getting headlines plus getting those convicts from Aussie land to watch. I'm sure there have been a lot more subscriptions to the nfl game streaming website

9. miked

miked Well-Known Member

I asked my friend who is really into NFL, he said he will be decent but never an 'every down' runner because he is coming into it too late and stands up too straight when he runs.

But tell you what, still pretty dam good even if you are only a kick returner! good on him

10. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

my friends in San Francisco are getting excited about him making levis stadium his playground.

11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Nah, with a population of only around 20M, our market is a drop in the ocean. They're already the biggest game in the US market with their population size.

12. bob shovel

True, they'll just poach more of our players!

13. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

It's possible, but this is a VERY exceptional case.
    Those kids over there have been playing since they were little. It would be like an NFL player coming over to try and play top level NRL - no chance.
    But if they found someone with the combination of skill/speed/strength/body type they were looking for who was young enough, put them through the college system, then NFL (see Jesse Williams).

14. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Good on him for having the courage to set and pursue such a massive goal.

Hayne has an excellent mindset and confidence in his ability.

And it's great to see some early success.

15. bob shovel

Hayne has been playing for years too... The game Madden!
    It's like a game of chess you have plenty of time to think of your next move and a "play book"to tell everyone where to run and what to do. Sounds easy...

16. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

17. Jamie Moore

Haha - same.

Just finished a season using Detroit and lost the superbowl :-(

18. KDP

KDP Well-Known Member

He'll be at the least a good returner. I'm in the skeptical count as to if he can become a starting rb. Having said that, a career as a returner/special team is still nothing to sneeze at.

19. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

I was reading somewhere channel 7 may get the rights to play 49ers games this season??
    I think it is more than just the aussie media hyping it up. What he's doing is pretty amazing.. I could watch that highlight all day of the over the shoulder catch - then returning 27 yards while dodging giants.. Not bad for a blue :p

bob shovel likes this.
  20. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

from news.com.au

ESPN attempted to get permission from the NFL to show all of Hayne’s preseason games with the 49ers without success. So the only way to watch this Sunday’s game live is through NFL Game Pass. It will cost you anywhere from $129 to $255 to sign up for the full season, but there is a 7-day free trial which will allow you to watch this weekend’s game at no cost.

San Francisco’s final preseason game is at home against the San Diego Chargers next Friday at noon AEST, so if you sign up for the free trial this Sunday you’ll be able to watch both games under the free trial. Read the fine print on the seven-day period though, or you could automatically signed up to a full season subscription and slugged $255.

bob shovel likes this.