James Dawson commercial property training?

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by Keen novice, 29th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Keen novice

Keen novice Member

Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with James Dawson commercial property blueprint training? I have googled and have not seen any reviews, positive or negative...

2. Simon Moore

Simon Moore Residential & Commercial Mortgage Broker Business Member

Level 2 287 Collins St Melbourne VIC 3000
    I can't comment on the training. But even experienced residential investors need to do their homework before moving into the commercial space. Had a client come to me the other day, keep in mind she has a $3m resi portfolio, she wanted pre-approval for a 90% lend over 25 years on a shop front..... (the 25 years is actually possible)

3. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

I've watched one of his webinars and read a bit of his work - he has an interesting perspective. Didn't say anything which warranted concern/incorrect information.

Keen novice likes this.
  4. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

He posted over at somersoft a few years ago. Seemed to know his stuff

Keen novice likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

6. Keen novice

Keen novice Member

Thanks Corey,
    I have watched one too.. it did spark my interest so I was keen to know if anyone else had any info on him.

7. andrew_t

andrew_t Well-Known Member

8. Maalamaal

Maalamaal Member

Has anyone attended the course by him?Is it really worth it?

9. The Sparky Investor

The Sparky Investor Well-Known Member

Has anyone sat his course yet? I'm thinking of trying it any would appreciate anybody's thoughts on it.

10. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I agree. It was suggested to me to look at commercial in the future for cashflow and returns. I am finding commercial very difficult to understand. It's a whole different ball game.

11. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Any more feedback on Jimmy?
    I listened to his webinar about a week ago, although previously watched some of his YouTube stuff.
    We all know webinars are just a big build up sales pitch, but I don't see any other structured course specific to commercial property going around.
    For 4k, it's pretty negligible if buying a multi mil commercial property.
    Are there any better alternatives for one learn the commercial investing game with no experience?

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Assuming he is legit with good results then I would go for it. Failing that, I would find someone on here (or elsewhere) with real results and pay for their time to have a 1:1 with and discuss in detail. Just what I would do. I strongly believe the best way to do something is learning from 'the best' or at least from someone with a good track record.

Beano likes this.
  13. The Sparky Investor

pwt and Perthguy like this.
  14. The Sparky Investor

I signed up for James's course a fortnight ago and have spent the last two weeks looking over all of his information. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me here or to send me a message, I'm happy to help.

Elives likes this.
  15. RickProp

RickProp Well-Known Member

I guess the main question is, "is it worth it?". It is one of those things, one can probably find out the information through experience, forums, research etc but there is opportunity cost of time taken to do this and cost of mistakes made along the way. Does it help you get started, review deals, save on the deal through negotiation and terms etc etc?

Are people actually buying CIP after signing up to the course? There are many many people that never take action after these types of courses.

Elives likes this.
  16. The Sparky Investor

You're right, it is one of those things you can find on forums, research, and experience. But you're also right on having someone else's experience (both good and bad) to guide you. There are quite a lot of tips given out throughout the course that can help you save tens of thousands per deal. I'm currently only halfway through the online material and I haven't touched the manual given out when you sign up.
    What made me sign up for the course was the thought that if I spend the money on this course, I could save hundreds of thousands on all future deals.
    He gives out a lot of information in the course too.

I won't say whether or not you should get it, but in my opinion, I think it is worth it.

RickProp likes this.
  17. RickProp

RickProp Well-Known Member

Please keep us updated on how the course goes, there aren't many other courses out there.

The Sparky Investor likes this.
  18. The Sparky Investor

Yeah I know what you mean. It took my 8 months to make my mind up about doing this course.

19. Student

Student Well-Known Member

Just checking if there is any further feedback on this James Dawson course. Also has anyone come across the Helen Tarrant course and have any views? Trying to determine if either course is worthwhile and if one course is better or more comprehensive than the other.

For any commercial property investors, are net yields of 8% or more actually achievable in metropolitan areas of NSW?

20. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Yes. Usually on sale and leaseback or with a very short term/expired lease.

Perthguy likes this.