Jacque Parker in the media

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by See Change, 29th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

interesting to see the development of some the members in terms of their success , but also their media profile . Usually it's in terms of how I bought xxx properties in the API , but our first resident BA ( I think ) , who was one of my fellow newbies in the chat room 15 years ago also gets in every so often ..

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real...y-prices-to-fall/story-fncq3era-1227416605503

Real Estate Buyers Agents Association of Australia president Jacque Parker said she would not be surprised to see home values in Melbourne and Sydney contract in the coming years, and noted any slowing of those markets would be welcome news to those looking to buy.

“Sydney and Melbourne sellers have had the upper hand in the last 2.5 years,” Ms Parker said.

“It is good for buyers in that they aren’t going to be chasing a rising market and there may be more time for thinking through a purchase of a property.”

She added that at any time when a market might be on the cusp of a change of direction that it was important to do your homework as a homebuyer.

Cliff

2. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

Nice! I remember when Jacque first announced on Somersoft that she had become a Buyers Agent. Seems literally like yesterday...

3. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Jacque gets quite a lot of media coverage - both in her role as REBAA president and just generally as a buyers agent. Most of it gets published on the REBAA blog, which is how I find out about it :D

I do recall someone saying back in 2005 when she announced that she was starting her own buyers agency ... "Jacque a buyers agent? pfft ... what does she know about property?" - quite a bit it turns out!

10 years later, her company House Search Australia now has 4 other buyers agents working with her and she has won numerous REINSW awards for excellence in the Buyers Agent category.

733, WattleIdo and devank like this.
  4. Catalyst

Catalyst Well-Known Member

Another SS inspiration :)

5. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

A very nice person also!

Jennifer Duke likes this.
  6. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Geez thanks Andrew :) and you guys..... very sweet :oops: It may have only seemed like yesterday, Michael, but 2015 marks a decade since we started House Search and I'm really proud of our agency and reputation in this industry. We may be smaller compared to others (that's the way I like it and have no plans to take over or dominate with franchises nationwide!) but we truly enjoy looking after our clients and work hard to deliver a quality personalised service and outcome. For those who know me I've always been a passionate advocate for the industry and have held the helm of REBAA President for the last 3 terms. This national association is the only one for independent buyers agents Australia-wide and represents the best in the business. We even have several members who frequent this forum (and the old SS) including Andrew Allen, Propertunity and Logica, to name a few.

As for buying property, well I've been doing this a tad longer (1991 in fact) and the seeds of thought regarding buyers agency really started to take hold after I finally gave teaching away in 2002 to pursue this alternate career. It hasn't been without it's challenges however and despite some poor investment decisions along the way (all non-property related I might add!) I am very pleased that the business has grown to the extent that it has. Every day is diverse, I have a great team of highly capable and hardworking agents now and life certainly is never dull.

As for media, we seem to be in there on a fairly regular basis now (and I really hate the videos I've done and try to now largely avoid- I'm sure this is a common dislike amongst those of us who hate seeing ourselves on camera and publicly speaking! :D) but in this increasingly online world it's difficult to keep track of all stories/blogs/features etc. Two of my favs in recent times was the feature in The Australian last year- it was a really well balanced article and also covered some of my fellow REBAA colleagues.
    Another fav was the the API Diamond Hunters - both provide a good insight into our industry. Have attached fort those forum members who have nothing better to do than read more media articles LOL ;):D

Thanks for the support and kind words too... it means a lot :)

Attached Files:

733 likes this.
  7. Johann_

Johann_ Well-Known Member

Well done.. you gave it a go, you had a plan and you achieved what you wanted.

Jacque likes this.