I've misplaced my Section 32. Where can I get another?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by GoneFishing, 10th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. GoneFishing

GoneFishing Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Can anybody please advise as to how I would get another section 32? I have my land title papers.

Thanks.

2. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Are you selling the property? If so your your conveyancer (who generated the s32) will have a copy.

If you're purchasing the property, the real estate agent who sold it to you will likely have a copy and they've probably forwarded it to your conveyancer.

If you're asking how to create a section 32, your conveyancer does it.

3. GoneFishing

Hi Peter,

I have owned the property for over 20 years and I'm looking at a demolition and rebuild and my builder has asked for it so he can see boundaries, lay of land, etc. But I have misplaced it.

Not selling. This will become our new family home.

Regards,
    John.

4. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Hi John,

Thanks for the context. I'm actually doing the exactly the same thing myself right now. The old house was finally demolished a few weeks ago and construction should start any day now. :)

You don't need the section 32. Part of the design and planning process would include title searches and surveying work of the site. Perhaps talk to your architect or drafts person.

5. GoneFishing

Thanks Peter! Much appreciated. I don't use this forum enough these days(well actually the old somersoft forums) due to time restraints, but geez it's good with so many helpful people on here. Keep up the great work!