VIC Ivanhoe

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by mc123, 15th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. mc123

mc123 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any locals can provide some inside / first-hand information on Ivanhoe from a PPOR perspective.

From my understanding, like any suburb there is the ‘good’ part and the ‘bad’ part – would these be the areas closer to Bellfield / Heidelberg? Is there a lot of commission housing?

I am looking at a 3 bedroom house on ~600 sqm block that is within a 10-15 minute walk to a train station.

Just looking on the usual property sold prices, it seems like there is some price variation between properties within Ivanhoe, even though it’s still within the same post code.

My first preference is Blackburn but it feels like Ivanhoe could have more ‘bang for your buck’..

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

1-1.2 mil for 600sqm of land in ivanhoe is what you are going to get. You don't have to worry about housing comm as you are separated by bellfield. To be honest, land prices in heidelberg heights and west are steadily on the increase with some even selling for a million dollars. All suburbs have housing comm, where i live in south melbourne, townhouses opposite the huge hosuing commission towers regularly sell for 2-3 million.

If you're buying to invest, then it maybe more worthwhile to buy in areas which can grow faster and i think heidelberg heights has more potential than ivanhoe.

If you're buying to stay - then there is many other areas to buy besides ivanhoe below that price range.

3. Noodlesm

Noodlesm Active Member

If buying to stay, where do you recommend?