VIC It's Werribee but not as you know it - high-tech city for 100,000 proposed

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ross100, 4th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gypsyblood

Gypsyblood Well-Known Member

While searching online, Werribee convinced me but what sealed it was roaming the suburb, checking out the infrastructure there, and in other suburbs I could afford (Sunbury, Melton, Wyndham vale). This was after a number of colleagues bought there already and they are all in great stable full time professions. It was the shinny estates that lured them in. For me, I wanted land size and sub division potential. My price point was no more than 450k btw. And I got an older style home for well under that with immediate subdivision potential.

ellejay and Pentanol like this.
  2. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Well....if this is to anything to go by...a hyped up estate called Seventh Bend in Melton South went to "VIPs" today.....cheapest block was 10.5x28 for 139k only a single garage possible...next blocks with wider 12.5m frontage for double garages start at 170k for 350sqm....you could have bought 400sqm blocks 6 months ago for 140k!

flyhere and Gypsyblood like this.
  3. Gypsyblood

Gypsyblood Well-Known Member

Crazy! It's the developers reputation in previous estates that creates the inflated prices, correct? On a side note, All your predictions about these places have been coming true @sash :)

In Werribee it was harpley that almost all my colleagues targeted. I still haven't ventured the H&L route, found more value in old houses with no restrictions on the land, but then I wasn't buying a home. Most of the colleagues I have mentioned are buying homes not investments in Werribee. The commute is manageable for them as they work in the city. A couple of them then bought more land in another estate nearby cornerstone? as investment. These people are very convincing as they live there and rave about the place. I only bought after a few weeks of back and forth. Just being on the ground found the amenities way more than the other places I saw. Didn't hesitate after that.

flyhere and Connor like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia