VIC It's Werribee but not as you know it - high-tech city for 100,000 proposed

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ross100, 4th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

not shabby at all, I think there is more steam in this market, lower level affordability and Melb just economically is the star, immigration helping massively.

MTR:)

Dave3214 likes this.
  2. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

Yep, I did this once with my current PPOR in Warralilly - worked out very well 90k equity as soon as I moved in which allowed me to purchase my first IP almost straight away. However, I will be buying in the same area for my next PPOR and I'm keen to diversify out of Victoria.

Where in Adelaide have you looked?

3. zed_kid

zed_kid Well-Known Member

Can’t see many houses in Werribee under 400k now. This time last year 350k there was lots of options.

Gypsyblood and Tekoz like this.
  4. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

@sash Are you going to develop the property yourself (by your own builder) or you just land bank on Geelong this year ?

5. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Which section of Werribee ?

6. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Just put my rent up in Werribee $10/week, stock is lower than usual and agent adviced places for rent are snapped up straight away and can't get enough. Never heard that before for Werribee. Few years back there was an oversupply.

Gypsyblood, Ekin200 and Connor like this.
  7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Well land banking till they title and then I build.

I have looked mostly in the NE bought one in Holden Hill in Feb this year but have 4 there now. In my opinion Melbourne offers more potential still

Wow...I was thinking under 360k was hard..haven't looked but if it is up to 400k....then I should have laughed at my agent who said he could get well over 400k for Hopper Crossing property...my how times have changed.

Last year people laughed at me when I said Werribee will come good....

Tekoz likes this.
  8. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

Have a look at what they're asking for this! Less than 600m2 of land. Not even a detached house; instead it's an English-style semi. The backyard is a 'work in progress' featuring a breezy see-through fence into the neighbour's. Quite close to things but an unsalubrious 'hood.

1 Centre Avenue Werribee Vic 3030 - House for Sale #123762462 - realestate.com.au

9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

They are knuts.........what a ****** whole...my house is not very nice looking but much better than that....

10. Gwynneth

Gwynneth Well-Known Member

looks like the properties at the south of Synnot are pushing the prices up, up, up! :)

11. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

There is no suburb with the name SYNNOT in Australia :eek: ?

12. Dave3214

Dave3214 Well-Known Member

Coolies, maybe that'll give a boost to Geelong's Northern suburbs, being a mere 25-30 minute drive up the highway. And to Avalon as well.

I worked in Werribee in the early 90's, it's population and spread of growth (along with Hoppers, Truganina, Point Cook etc) has been amazing in this time-frame. It was quite busy in Watton St even then, it was a wise move when they cut under the train line in the mid 90's as the city did at time get cut in half when a recalcitrant train signal caused the boom gates to remain down.

Tekoz likes this.
  13. Gwynneth

Lol sorry. That was the street name in Werribee. @Spiderman gave ideas earlier why certain pockets are more expensive than the rest

Tekoz likes this.
  14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Let me guess....any street which is named after something which Squawks.... ;)

Gwynneth likes this.
  15. Gwynneth

Haha i know you know the area too well!

Tekoz likes this.
  16. sash

sash Well-Known Member

No pun intended....with some many canaries...you will know when the market tanks...;)

17. Gwynneth

Hahaha! By the way sash, if you are ok to share, are you still looking at Melbourne at the moment or are you now focusing towards Brissy/adelaide?

My husband and I are discussing where to purchase next, maybe after 12 mos' time. Hehehe sydney is really becoming too expensive now.

18. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Still Melbourne...have one almost built...once I have just about finalised final drawings and ready for council approval.....one block settles in Dec/Jan and have already started paperwork for house..paid deposit on the build...and looking to put a duplex on Werribee site...

Gwynneth likes this.
  19. Gwynneth

Wow another one in Werribee! I wish we could buy in that suburb but I think the price point might be impossible next year! Hehehe are melton/broadmeadows markets moving the same as werribee?

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

No just r4edeveloping the old house in Werribee......Melton has started moving...watch the naysayers say otherwise.;)..next year ti will be where Werribee is..don't know about Broadie....

Gwynneth likes this.