It’s that simple ..

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by See Change, 22nd Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

I was asked a question on my weekender thread which wasn’t related to that thread , so I thought I’d reply here .

What you get here is a fly on the wall from multiple people for free . It really IS the best source of information , but it doesn't come neatly packaged with a bow on top

Don't know anyone who's going to tell people where they are going to buy , before they buy there .... but they are happy to tell you where they've bought after they've bought and sometimes during the process.

Skater talked about her purchases in the outer west long before it moved . There were lots of people talking about logan 2-4 years ago and if you'd bought there you'd have done well and it hasn't really started booming yet .

Any time I've posted about where we've bought has been at a time which was early in the cycle for those areas and if people had bought at or after I posted they would have done well , ( though obviously people are still waiting for Brisbane outer circle to boom +++ ) but goodna has moved up since I posted about buying there close to two years ago

There are lots of experts who are happy to predict where to buy next , but they get you to pay for that information and that how they make their money and because they want money coming in all the time they make regular predictions . I've seen experts trumpeting the fact that they predicted Hobart to boom , but they don't talk about all the one's they got wrong ...

there is no easy short cut that comes with a guarantee . You need to do your research ,listen to everyone andyou will get to the point where you know whatto do , taking yourcircumstances into account . It's that simple

Cliff

nyc1, Toon, Nattl3s and 12 others like this.
  2. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Sage advice ^^^^^

3. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

4. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

What's that Warren Buffet quote, something about if you want clarity...it costs.

It's no metaphor - if you want certainty in life it ain't free. When the boom starts, clarity is high, but so are prices.

It can be depressing buying on conviction. Everyone is quick to tell you how wrong you are. It takes tremendous strength.

Toon and Blueskies like this.
  5. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I'll add to this that if you read everything, you will soon realise who might be good for you to listen to, for your circumstances, because we all have different goals, priorities etc.....and who to definitely NOT listen to.

Toon, Nattl3s, bob shovel and 5 others like this.
  6. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Absolutely right @See Change and @skater .

Even if someone starts to follow a pro investor exactly, that will not suit a newbie. Maybe because an experienced investor is trying to spread their risk and as part of that, they are buying in solely a cash flow location or a specific strategy that suits the pro investor.
    Due diligence is the key, you can follow the advice and ask as many questions as possible. However, eventually you are responsible for your own buys.

Cheers and well said.
    Regards

adam duckworth likes this.
  7. Danyool

Danyool Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. My comment was mostly facetious (mostly!). Of course, you are a Timing Lord, so who wouldn't want to understand the process and inner workings!

8. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

Where where?