Sports & Fitness It's now official . Freo fans are racist

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by See Change, 12th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Players do have thick skins - they put up with the likes of you for years, and manage not to get convicted of too many assault charges against "supporters". ;)

2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Why not Jetta .... He did the spear throwing . That's one of the latest justifications to boo Goodes .

And the fact that the vast majority of commentators call it racist has no impact on you .......

And the fact that it didn't occur until he called out the Collingwood supporter ......

You're clutching at straws to justify your actions . I can guarantee that you weren't booing him continually ten years ago . No one else was .........

You've been brain washed into defending your right too boo and the reasons why you boo him , and in following that path that it makes you a racist . Sadly someone who doesn't even realise why they are doing it .

Maybe it's because he's an intelligent , articulate aboriginal and he's challenging the thinking and behaviour ( or lack there of ) of a particular segment of Australia , such as Freo fans ....

That is the reason , though you'll never admit it

Cliff

Last edited: 27th Sep, 2015
    LMD and Esel like this.
  3. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Ah ...

So you can ....

There are things that arent banned by law , yet that doesn't make them right .

Society relies on people doing the right , correct thing . What was happening was wrong .

Do you think they need to make laws to cover every possible situation . Shouldn't we rely on common sense ?

Do you think they need to make a law to ban everything that's socially incorrect ?

If they did that , you be the first one complaining about us having a nanny state ....

By having to defend your position by saying " because I can" , you obviously recognise your actions are wrong

Don't try and defend your actions as not being racist . You are obviously capable of making the choice , so you choose to boo Goodes , so you are racist .

Why should they have to have thick skins ? Out side their athletic ability they're no different to other members of the society . With the highs and lows associated a career in sport why should they have to put up with racist sh..its like you

Cliff

Last edited: 26th Sep, 2015
    Bayview likes this.
  4. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I have never booed anyone playing a sport, but I saw that that spear throwing incident with Adam, and thought it was a deliberate attempt to incite the opposition team's "supporters". Nothing wrong with that; players cop far too much crap from "supporters" as it is.

It annoyed me; but not to the point of me booing.

I interpreted his action as a racist action.

Racism goes both ways.

Does that mean I'm a racist because what he did was annoying?

He chose the wrong course of action; I reckon he should have just flipped the bird a few times, then gone on to kick a few more goals...like all the other players have done for decades.

It would have had the same effect on the crowd, but without any race connotations with it; I believe.

bob shovel likes this.
  5. marty998

marty998 Well-Known Member

6. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

I don't follow either team and don't like booing individual players either but if Goodes had made that sort of gesture to the crowd in the EPL for example he would be fined and possibly banned for a couple of games for inciting the crowd.
    He was wrong and his actions can't be defended IMO.

Hodge, S.T and D.T. like this.
  7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

You're racist!! :p:D

8. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

From the interweb :rolleyes:

Sydney Swans supporters should be ashamed of themselves booing Lewis Jetta. Especially after the uproar it caused last year.

9. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

I watched the game and thought that was a bit ironic too.

10. Nemo30

Nemo30 Well-Known Member

I agree. Im a Swans supporter and was at the game. It was poor.