NSW It will be interesting to see how these Marrickville sales play out

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Depreciator, 30th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. neK

neK Well-Known Member

In addition, the gubbermint is planning to connect the norwest metro line with 2nd harbour crossing to the bankstown line

2. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

An 'all stops' train to the city from Marrickville to the city is a bit different from an 'all stops' train from Liverpool or somewhere like that. There are five stops from Marrickville to the city.
    So that flat on level 1, the flat with the 10-15 year old reno, is under contract for $541K.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-nsw-marrickville-120031949

And the word is that the flat above it with the brand new reno surprisingly went for less - $531K.

Of the 6 one bedders in that building, mine has the best position and the best reno - even if I say so myself. It cost me $418K about 18 months ago.

3. WinDyz.

WinDyz. Well-Known Member

541K without a car-space is pretty expensive for an old 1 bed apartment......

4. Depreciator

You're not wrong. But that's what this crazy market has decided its worth right now.

5. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

As neK says, there are express trains from Marrickville which get to Central in 13 minutes.

I've timed my train ride from Dulwich Hill to Central station on all-stops too. Average 17 minutes.

A bus, even with no traffic ,is hard pressed to beat that run.

And for the record, Marrickville residents have the luxury of FOUR train lines literally IN, or on the border of, the suburb:
    • Marrickville
    • Dulwich Hill (light rail is also next to this station)
    • Sydenham
    • Tempe

6. WinDyz.

WinDyz. Well-Known Member

I guess it's lifestyle. Lots professional preferred lifestyle. Willing to sacrifice space for it.
    I think this is where the future is going. Most gen y want to live near the city close to transport and cool cafe.
    Have few friend who own a house but prefer to live closer to city in a trendy suburb

7. slumdogmillionaire

slumdogmillionaire Member

i think no carspace anywhere in sydney is an issue, even in the CBD in Sydney. think about the future in Sydney. there will only be more cars in the future and traffic is getting insane in sydney... carspots are beyond valuable.. !

8. Depreciator

The fact that 'traffic is getting insane' is exactly why some people are opting to not have a car. Or use a car share service like GoGet. The last three couples who have rented my flat in the building where these flats were sold did not have cars and had no intention of getting one. They had bikes and used the train.

sanj likes this.
  9. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Agreed. Increasing population, density and car ownership will mean more people looking for alternatives. I'm not up to date with sydney infrastructure projects but isn't marrickville getting some light rail? Are there other major public transport $$ being spent? I know for a decade or so it stagnated in terms of infrastructure funding

10. Depreciator

We've already got light rail. It goes from the next station - Dulwich Hill. There was something a few weeks ago about another train line, but I disregard that pie in the sky stuff. I'm a ten minute walk from one train line and 5 minute walk from a different line. The light rail would be a longer walk. We're spoilt for choice in the inner west.

11. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Excellent. You're certainly in a good spot and from how you've described it in the past it sounds like it has a good mix of residents too. Old wogs,some trendy kids, and a few eccentrics sounds good

12. Steven Ryan

You may be in for some surprises with where the future of individual transportation is headed.. carsharing + self-driving vehicles will change things dramatically.

13. Depreciator

I'm hanging out for the individual hoverboard and the jetpack.

14. Steven Ryan

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia