Isolated house behind golf course

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Areej, 15th Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Areej

Areej New Member

Hi guys

First thread here, was recommended by a friend to join :)

My partner and I are considering a 811m2 house valued at 60k more than the desired price. The problem is, it's an isolated house with the golf course as it's backyard (literally no fence or anything), and lots of warehouses/offices in front of it. And a single neighbor to the right of it. This is our second property and we will be occupiers with our two less than 3 year old daughters.

It's a great suburb but we aren't sure how to feel about its location. Any thoughts that we might be forgetting?

Thank you guys

twisted strategies likes this.
  2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I feel like it doesn't have such a nice neighbourhood "feel". Sorry! As a everyday person, it's a pass from me.

twisted strategies, Areej and wylie like this.
  3. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I have a friend that lives near a golf course, his patio has a net covering it for safety. I don't know if it's paranoia or whether he's actually experienced golf balls flying through before, I never asked. I just assumed it was a genuine problem. Not a great way to live your life, in constant fear.

twisted strategies and Areej like this.
  4. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

The problem with golf courses is they don’t stay that way for ever. I know of people who have bought properties backing on to courses only to have them sold to developers.

and yes the stray golf balls is a real thing.

5. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

If they hit in the right spot, it could quite literally kill couldn't it?

twisted strategies, Areej and Heinz57 like this.
  6. Areej

Areej New Member

Oh dear! I didn't realise the flying golf balls issue. Thanks guys for the insightful advice. I think we will steer away from that house :)

twisted strategies likes this.
  7. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

if hit by a school-girl can certainly render a fellow student unconscious , i have seen that with my own eyes

i would assume proximity to a golf course would be a mixed blessing , transiting wildlife , modifications and maintenance to the course , inaccurate golf balls and wandering golfers

probably would make me uncomfortable if i had small children ... check the insurance premiums for an assessment of the risks

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member