Isn’t Queensland too hot and humid?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Serveman, 24th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

Its warm on the gold coast for sure, noticeably more inland. I just spent a few days 1500km north at Magnetic island, The heat was brutal but the water was great, could easily spend all day in it, you just have to wear a fill coverage stinger suit so you don’t die a painful death escaping the heat.

Serveman likes this.
  2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Well it's really nice today. Cold on Tamborine Mountain, and cool in Brisbane.

This thread title is a load of old cobblers. The only thing that's hot is the market, and the Gold Coast wildlife

craigc, MJS1034 and GreenTreeFrog like this.
  3. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

I moved from the south. I found Brisbane much more stable then Sydney. Sydney gets crazy swings where you could get 38C one day and 21C the other day. Brisbane generally doesn’t go above 32C where I am.

It gets humid 2-3 weeks a year. But living near the water the breeze often blows it away. The only time it doesn’t help is when it’s cloudy. Just traps all humidity.

I am more than happy to spend a few days under aircon if that’s what I get to do to trade Sydney. The lifestyle, outdoors and walk ability of Brisbane is hands down better than Sydney for me. This city is built for “outside”. From finishing 10km from CBD to walk in wetlands a few kms from CBD. Brisbane is amazing.

boganfromlogan and Harveys like this.
  4. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Sydney has been very humid in the last week or two. Not very pleasant. Someone once suggested that Sydney humidity was more grimy and dirty then say on the Gold Coast where it was very humid but cleaner especially with the sea breeze. I winder how it compares to a place like Bellingen ?

boganfromlogan likes this.
  5. Squeakywheel

Squeakywheel Well-Known Member

A bit further west, cold winters and extremely hot summers.

Kriv and The Y-man like this.