Is your agent close closed over Christmas and do you have a vacant property?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Warren from Geelong, 19th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

My thinking is to stay with your 14th Dec settlement and move your new tenants in on the 16th. That gives them more than a week to unpack. You wont stand a chance of delaying settlement with your vendors - your investing career does not concern their timeframe.

2. David_SYD

David_SYD Well-Known Member

I suppose the difference is this is a deceased estate and if they want to take the highest offer, they’ll have to be flexible with my terms. If they want the cash before Christmas, they can take the second highest offer.

Thanks for the responses.

3. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

Organise a property manager asap, so that by mid Nov you can have your photography ready (when your current property is well presented before you start packing) to start advertising. That way you have the best chance of finding someone who is ready to move in and also gives you a bit of time to adjust pricing based on market feedback.

Make sure your PM is also open over the holidays to sort out any teething issues that usually come along in the first few weeks.

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

The good thing is that interest rates are at all time low, so even if you settle on time and can’t fill it before Christmas, the daily interest costs in the meantime will not be too bad.

David_SYD likes this.