VIC Is Williams Landing still worth investing?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Nesta, 30th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

seems a bit confusing, yeah if it is PPOR then suddenly it is IP - any reasonable investor would want the highest CG and better yields. WL cannot offer this atm (just average returns)

2. Nesta

Nesta Active Member

If you want to sell your IPs in PC, where would you be looking at?

3. melbournian

I already have properties elsewhere in Melbourne. maybe going to do some builds and possibly go to the east knox, and northern suburbs etc. Still researching atm.

4. Nesta

Nesta Active Member

Did you mean Merrifield?

5. zed_kid

zed_kid Well-Known Member

I’m not sure of the name. I saw a billboard at Roxburgh Park shopping centre saying 3 bedroom house and land from 293k. so I’m assuming its for a development around there somewhere

6. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

Yikes are they really that much?

For that $$$ try Taylors Lakes, Keilor Downs, Tullamarine, Gladstone Park, Sunbury, Greenvale and you may even be able to squeeze into a weatherboard in Sunshine North!

Dave3214 likes this.
  7. Nesta

Nesta Active Member

Yes if you look at properties in Cedar Woods estate in WL, they are that price..

Double storey houses in Cedar Woods estate in WL have been selling for around 680k - 780k

Why Taylors Lakes is supposed to be superior than WL is beyond me to be honest.., or may I ask why north west is necessarily superior than south west?

8. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

I don't believe land banking would have been a good idea. Your talking a hold with zero income and no tax deductible because it isn't income producing.
    Factor in entry costs and then to exit plus and CGT and yiurcnkt making much money at all.

9. melbournian

@Nesta landbanking is only possible x amount of time after titled as u are required to build. Say 18 months etc. Otherwise guys who bought 400-500sqm block for 95k would have hold it from 2007 till now. Also interest is not deductible as it is not an income producing asset.

10. Nesta

Nesta Active Member

Yeah, fully understand what you mean.

11. Nesta

Nesta Active Member

If someone had bought a 448sqm block in WL 2 years ago, she would have made around $120,000 of CG by now. With 2 years of holding cost and CGT etc., she would still make some decent money..

All I'm trying to say is it depends.

12. pool100

pool100 Member

I know WL isn't selling well due to the high pricing for the blocks. I checked with the developer on some blocks late last year and just this week I saw they're still for sale. I think the developer has huge margins and not leaving much on the table for the buyers.