Is this a reasonable cost to change shower tap seat $875 incl GST (Perth)

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by FrivolousPanda, 21st Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. FrivolousPanda

FrivolousPanda Well-Known Member

Hi,

Following on from my other thread, I have a quote for $875 incl GST to remove 4-6 tiles and replace the tap set. This excludes putting back new tiles. Bathroom is original 1970's bathroom and the tiles look pretty standard though old fashion design so I don't think tiles are fragile that they may break more than what is around the tap.

Plumber says job takes approx. 4-5 hours.

Does this sound reasonable for Perth?

Edit: Attached picture of the shower taps to be replaced

Attached Files:

Last edited: 21st Jul, 2021
  2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I had tap set replaced including emergency call out fee for 300. also replaced taps in kitchen whilst there. AFter hours fee was killer, added 100 on. Took approx 30 minutes

Bris

Only reason call out fee was cos it was a FREEZING morning and tenants never complain. Hot water was flowing (turned off). So wasn't an emergency emergency, just we can't cope with cold and assumed same for tenants.

3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Looking at that other thread, that's not a "tap set" replacement - I have taken the liberty to change the thread title to "seat" ... and I think it is reasonable price :)

The Y-man

4. FrivolousPanda

Thanks Y-man. Sorry for the wrong lingo as I understood the solution was to replace the whole hot and cold tap, hence replace tap set. I asked my property manager if the cost is reasonable and it was thrown straight back to my court. I understand they don't want to get in trouble but surely they must see a lot of repairs so have a feel if it's too high or even too low may be a problem.

5. FrivolousPanda

They jackhammered the wall and replaced the whole tap in 30 mins - Seems fast to me. Or can shower taps be replaced without breaking the wall?

6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Tap sets can be replaced in a few minutes given the right tools. A cracked tap SEAT replacement is a whole different issue.

The Y-man

7. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

sounds like we are talking about different jobs. No jack hammering

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia