NSW Is this a potential duplex site?

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Avkos, 11th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Avkos

Avkos New Member

Hello there,

I am a newbie and a first home buyer.

This property is in Revesby, NSW. It classified as R2 zone. It’s 7 mins walking distance from train station. Land size: 620m2. Over 16m frontage but the back boundary 12m. An odd shape block.

I wish to know given the shape the land, can a duplex be made on it? If yes, could you share what the maximum land can be for each?

CD26144-F-FD05-417-E-843-D-DB2-D6-F556118

This property is currently on the market for $945k.

Is this a good buy for a first home buyer or future property developer?

Attached Files:

2. Want2RetireYoung

Want2RetireYoung Member

Hi,

Always check with the Council as this will be the most reliable source of information. Also, ask the real estate agent for a 10.7 certificate with the contract of sale prior to purchasing. They tend to provide this to serious buyers.

According to the Bankstown LEP 2015, a dual occupancy (duplex) is permitted on R2 Low Density Residential land.

A duplex (attached) requires a minimum lot size of 500sqm and a minimum lot width of 15m at the front of the building line. A duplex (detached) requires a minimum lot size of 700sqm and a minimum lot width of 20m at the front of the building line.

From the picture you have provided, it seems that an attached duplex is permitted, subject to Council consent. A detached duplex would not be supported.

The maximum wall height is 7m, so roughly 8.5m/9m (2 storeys) is allowed with a pitched roof.

The maximum Floor Space Ratio is 0.5:1 for the whole site.

A further analysis of the Bankstown DCP is required to determine if the site can comply with the private open space requirements and other design controls. This can only be done with a proposed sketch of the duplex.

As for your last question, someone else may be able to assist, as I can’t answer that question.

If you need further assistance in regards to Development Applications (DA) and town planning, please get in contact with me.

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

@Want2RetireYoung Are you a town planner ? Do you have much experience with building using Affordable Housing provisions?

4. Want2RetireYoung

Want2RetireYoung Member

Yes, I am a town planner from NSW. I have experience with the affordable housing SEPP in NSW. How can I help?

Scott No Mates likes this.
  5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

What is their stance on battle-axe in this situation?

6. Want2RetireYoung

Want2RetireYoung Member

For the OP site, a battle axe would not be advisable due to the fact that the lot width at the rear is only 11m, which will may make it harder to comply with the relevant design controls in the DCP.

Battle-axe developments tend to be detached so a minimum lot size of 700sqm would be needed and an access handle of 3.5m on one of the side boundaries so you can provide access to the rear property. Again, for the OP site, this would not be achievable. At best an attached duplex would be supported.

Scott No Mates likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.